Rio Grande TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Aspen, CO 81611, USA, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Biking Trail, Family And Kids
One of the more scenic, peaceful and environment-friendly ways to move between Aspen and Glenwood Springs is by hiking on the Rio Grande Trail. The 42-mile trail was previously a railway line between the two winter towns that was converted when the line fell out of operation. The trail is accompanied by the Roaring Fork river for almost all its distance. At some points, the trail intersects the road but apart from that, it is almost entirely quiet and serene. You will often see bicyclists venturing down from one town to the other on this path. Since it is a dog-friendly trail, there are plenty of four-legged members on the track. Autumn is one of the best times to visit the trail thanks to the gorgeous colours. In winter, you will often see skiers on the various patches.
Rio Grande Trail Travel Tips
- You are likely to spot animals and historic buildings along the length of the trail.
- The trail is disabled friendly. Both motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are allowed on the tracks.
- There are picnic benches and restrooms on the trail.
- You can ride this trail on horseback.
- Buses can drop you off at any end of the trail. Check the RFTA bus schedule for using this option.
How to Reach Rio Grande Trail
- You can hire a car or take a bus to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Rio Grande Trail Address: Aspen, CO 81611, USA, United States
- Rio Grande Trail Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Rio Grande Trail(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Rio Grande Trail: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
20.98% of people who visit Aspen include Rio Grande Trail in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
70% of people start their Rio Grande Trail visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Rio Grande Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rio Grande Trail
People normally club together Aspen Mountain and Capitol Peak while planning their visit to Rio Grande Trail.
People also prefer to end their day with Rio Grande Trail.