Ute TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Ute Ave, Aspen, CO 81611, USA, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids
A favourite workout regime in Aspen is to climb up the Ute Trail to scale the Ajax Mountain. The trail is not longs but ascends 700 feet in roughly a mile. Most of the hikers turn around at this point but some others continue the climb which takes them up by another 2300 feet. The views from the summit are simply stunning. The townsfolk of Aspen often visit this mountain to keep fit and stay in shape. Most of the hikers prefer to take the Silver Queen Gondola to get down to the base of the mountain. Besides Aspen, you can also spot the Red Butte mountain, the Aspen Highlands, Independence Pass and the Collegiate Peaks from the top of the Ajax Mountain. The trail mostly falls under the shade of trees so you will not feel the harsh sun.
Ute Trail Travel Tips
- The gondola ride down to the base is free of cost.
- The footing is slippery. Wear sturdy footwear.
How to Reach Ute Trail
- You can hire a car to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ute Trail Address: Ute Ave, Aspen, CO 81611, USA, United States
- Ute Trail Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Ute Trail(preferred time): 08:00 am - 10:00 am
- Time required to visit Ute Trail: 05:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!