West Maroon TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Colorado 81654, USA, Aspen, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids
The West Maroon Trail is hardly to be undertaken without a solid hiking background. You will find two waterfalls and lakes each, an alpine basin, and stunning views of the Maroon Bells and Pyramid Peaks on this 13-mile long trail. This path follows the Maroon-Snowmass trail to the Crater Lake and then climbs up the West Maroon valley right below the Maroon Bells. The trail is one of the most difficult ones in Colorado so it is not recommended for those who have not had a lot of hiking experience. Most hikers who have explored this trail will quote, this is one Aspen experience that few can undertake but none can ever forget.
West Maroon Trail Travel Tips
- Overnight camping facilities are available in this trail.
- Cars are not allowed on Maroon Creek Road from 9am to 5pm. You can take a shuttle from Aspen Highlands instead.
- There is heavy water runoff in spring. Be careful when crossing creeks and waterfalls in this season.
How to Reach West Maroon Trail
- You can hire a car or take a shuttle to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.15% of people who visit Aspen include West Maroon Trail in their plan
14.29% of people start their West Maroon Trail visit around 6 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see West Maroon Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting West Maroon Trail