How to Reach Assen
The Easiest Way to Reach Assen
HOW TO GET TO ASSEN
Owing to its proximity to the country’s capital, Amsterdam, Assen is very easy to reach by absolutely any mode of transport.
- By Air: Fly to Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport, very well connected by both international as well as national flights. Assen lies just at a distance of some 170-odd kilometers from Amsterdam. Alternatively, you could also fly to the Groningen Eelde airport, which lies at a mere 18 kilometres from Assen. Airport onwards taxis, trains and buses can be availed.
- By Train: The Assen station is well connected by several rails serving destinations across Netherlands. The most suitable alternative could be taking a train from the Schiphol Airport.
- By Cycle: You read that right! Owing to the popularity of the sport cycling in Netherland, there are special cycling tracks actually connecting cities too. Netherland’s national cycle routes LF9 and LF14 pass closely from Assen.
- By Bus: Assen is a major transportation hub for villages around it. Stadskanaal is one of the big towns that Assen shares great bus connectivity with.
HOW TO GET AROUND ASSEN
Owing to its compact size, there is not a lot of public transport to get around Assen. It can be easily ventured by alternative methods listed below.
- On foot: It is a pleasure to walk around Assen. With its canals and parks, this municipality is absolutely refreshing to get some saunter!
- By bike: Expect a lot on the cycling front in this capital of the cycling province of Drenthe. There are a lot of agencies facilitating bicycle rentals. Not to mention, what a pleasure it is to cycle in this super-quaint town.
Modes of Transportation in Assen
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Assen. The most preferred mode of transport in Assen is Bike.
Average distance: 9.25 km Average time: 18.25 min
Bike 50%Bike 12.5 min Overall average time for 3.25 kms 12.5 min
Car 25%Driving 35 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 30 kms 36 min
Walking 25%Walking 12 min Overall average time for 0.5 kms 12 min