Aswan Botanical GardenCurrently Open
- Address: Kitchner's Island, Aswan, Egypt
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 15 EGP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Zoo, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
There was literally nothing to do on this island until the Ministry of Irrigation took one look at it and said “Hey, let’s build a Botanical Garden. Every place has one these days”. Even if that’s not exactly how the conversation might have gone down, this place is still a pretty neat achievement. The whole island is the botanical garden now, and really pretty for it, with beautiful pathways shaded by trees. Hundred of species of plants were brought in from the Far East, India and all over Africa. It’s completely populated with birds like hupupa, doves, crows, ravens, sparrow owls, Indian and white peacocks, ducks. A small zoo even has monkeys. At sunset, this place is sheer fairytale beauty.
Aswan Botanical Garden Travel Tips
- Don’t come on Friday. Really noisy and really crowded.
How to Reach Aswan Botanical Garden
- Take a boat to the island to the main entrance at the northern end. Tell the boatman to wait at the southern end for you and meet you once you walk down the length of the island.
- Cafeteria at the garden.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aswan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aswan and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.5% of people who visit Aswan include Aswan Botanical Garden in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
45.45% of people start their Aswan Botanical Garden visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Aswan Botanical Garden
89.47% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Aswan Botanical Garden