How to Reach Aswan
The Easiest Way to Reach Aswan
- Aswan International Airport is 25 km south of the city
- Taxis to the city will charge LE 35 - LE 50.
- Security on the airport route is tight and there are no public buses.
- Flights come in from EgyptAir (Abu Simbel, Cairo, Luxor), Iberworld(Madrid), LotusAir (Cairo) and Air Viva (Cairo and Luxor.)
- Ramsis Station is just north of city centre.
- Ticket queues are long and service is slow.
- Luxor is 3 hours away
- Cairo is 13 hours away (57LE for second class, 113LE first class)
- Not recommended for tourists.
- Book tickets at least 3 days in advance
- Cairo (Al-tojorman;0500; 100LE) – Aswan is 29 hours.
- Hurghada is 8 hours away
- Plenty of cruises to check out
- Luxor – Aswan is 3 – 4 days.
Get around on foot in town. When accessing the islands, try hooking up with a pilot of felucca (a special king of sailed boat). Crossing the banks from east to west ought to only cost 5 E, but motor boat carriers will often quote higher pries. Bargain hard.