New KalabshaCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: New Kalabsha, Near Aswan, Aswan, Egypt
- Timings: 07:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 35 EGP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
New Kalabsha - Review
Yet another site brought into being by the rising waters of Lake Nasser. The temples and relics here were all relocated from their previous premised that have now submerged.
- The Kalabsha Temple: Erected by Augustus Caesar himself in dedication to Isis, Osiris and Mandulis. This had been a boon of sorts. Only three rooms are completely decorated, and the half finished work had provided rich information on ancient carving and building techniques. Also to see in the temple complex are a birthhouse, a chapel and a large rock stela.
- Beit el-Wali: a rock cut temple dedicated to Ramesses II and the gods Amun and Anukis. It’s brightly coloured decorations look as fresh as ever though apportion of them have been taken to the British Museum. There are various scenes depicting the defeat of enemies by the Pharaoh.
- Gerf Hussein: The free standing portion of the temple dedicated to Ramesses II is shown here. The rock cut portion is submerged.
- Kiosk of Qertassi: A tiny and elegant Roman kiosk with columns made of brown sandstone. It may have been connected to a temple on the East Bank upto 1813 and may also have been a way station on a processional route.
New Kalabsha Information
- Carry water.
- Wear a hat and sunscreen.
How To reach New Kalabsha by Public Transport
- Take a taxi from Aswan and then a boat to the island from the Quay.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aswan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aswan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting New Kalabsha
52.19% of people who visit Aswan include New Kalabsha in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
44.14% of people start their New Kalabsha visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see New Kalabsha
93.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting New Kalabsha
New Kalabsha Map
New Kalabsha Trips
1 View16 Days 15 Nights16 Day Trip to Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Alexandria, Sharm El-sheikh from BhubaneshwarBy: Guest UserCity: Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, Aswan, Sharm El-sheikh
New Kalabsha, Aswan Reviews
The island is usually dead empty except for a lonely guard that checks your tickets. It's beautiful. Breathtaking. In order to go you need to go and haggle a bit with a boat driver to take you to the kalabsha island for around 170 EGP. The driver then stays in the boat while you go and explore, and waits for you to finish. The island is well paved but suffers from poor signage so I suggest you take either a paper or digital guide with you
The place is beutiful! I made my photos in 1990.
Sprawling temple which is great to explore. Some statues still in great condition and there are some unique pieces here as well. Overall nice to visit.
The location is so good. History and nile are inseparable!
Well worth the visit. Amazing 10000 year old etchings on display too
All QuestionsNew kalabsha
- Cochrane Recreation Area
- Mustang Airport
- Lake Canyon Park
- Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints
- First Baptist Church
- Bayside In Galt
- Mid-Valley Monuments
- New Hope Assembly Of God
- Galt Community Park
- Rae House Museum
- Gathering Place The A Four Square Church
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church
- Emerald Vista Park
- Marian O Lawrence Library
- Del Rio Casino