New Kalabsha500 Votes Currently Open
- Address: New Kalabsha, Near Aswan, Aswan, Egypt
- Timings: 07:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 35 EGP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Yet another site brought into being by the rising waters of Lake Nasser. The temples and relics here were all relocated from their previous premised that have now submerged.
- The Kalabsha Temple: Erected by Augustus Caesar himself in dedication to Isis, Osiris and Mandulis. This had been a boon of sorts. Only three rooms are completely decorated, and the half finished work had provided rich information on ancient carving and building techniques. Also to see in the temple complex are a birthhouse, a chapel and a large rock stela.
- Beit el-Wali: a rock cut temple dedicated to Ramesses II and the gods Amun and Anukis. It’s brightly coloured decorations look as fresh as ever though apportion of them have been taken to the British Museum. There are various scenes depicting the defeat of enemies by the Pharaoh.
- Gerf Hussein: The free standing portion of the temple dedicated to Ramesses II is shown here. The rock cut portion is submerged.
- Kiosk of Qertassi: A tiny and elegant Roman kiosk with columns made of brown sandstone. It may have been connected to a temple on the East Bank upto 1813 and may also have been a way station on a processional route.
New Kalabsha Travel Tips
- Carry water.
- Wear a hat and sunscreen.
How to Reach New Kalabsha
- Take a taxi from Aswan and then a boat to the island from the Quay.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aswan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aswan and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.46% of people who visit Aswan include New Kalabsha in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40% of people start their New Kalabsha visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see New Kalabsha
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting New Kalabsha