Are you looking for what to do in Aswan?
- The Temple at Philae: Relocated from the island of Philae. Dedicated to Isis. See light and sound show in the evening.
- Nubian Museum : A cleverly presented insight into the indigenous culture.
- New Kalabsha : Relocated. Augustus Caesar’s monument to Egyptian deities.
- Aswan Botanical Garden : Pretty, simple and peaceful.
- Nubian Villages: On Elephantine Island. Siou and Koti are the two communities. Your boat pilot should be able to introduce you to them. Carry stationery like pens to gift.
- Aswan Museum : On Elephantine Island. If nothing else, check out the amazing Nilometre (yes, it measures the Nile).
- Abu Simbel Temples: Plan to go and stay overnight to check out these wonders.
- Unfinished Obelisk : An interesting insight into ancient quarrying, carving and construction.
- Monastery of St. Simeon: Worth it just for the camel ride, though there’s a lot to see.
- Animalia: Nature in Nubia Tours not strictly a sight. More like a home made experience. Utterly fascinating. Call +20 010 545 6420 / +20 097 231 415
- Shop in the genuine souq markets here. It’s much more natural and chilled out than the insanity in Cairo.
- Visit Abu Simbel during the Ascension of Ramesses II on Oct 22 and Feb 22 – fantastic sight.
Below we have a list of things to do in Aswan and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Aswan getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Aswan with confidence.