About Acropolis, Athens
Acropolis, Athens - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Acropolis of Athens, Athens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, Greece
Ticket Price: 12 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 130K times in trip plans
Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Acropolis is one of the classical monuments in Athens that have defined its cityscape. Acropolis refers to a group of ancient Greek buildings lying at a slight height in the ancient city of Athens. The word Acropolis means “high city” and the Athenians made it sure to embellish their highest point with emblems of civilization. The monuments of this area, built sometime in the 5th century BC have gone on to become inspirations for architects from around the world. Even today the Corinthian columns and the facades of several monuments of the Acropolis are replicated for official buildings.
Such is the legacy of the Acropolis. This area was the center of commerce as well as culture. The Parthenon is perhaps the most iconic structure of these but there are many temples, edifices and places of interest. They form the impressive city center that Athens once was. It is the Acropolis that attracts people form far and wide to Athens. The Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion are just some of the many amazing sites to see here. Some of these have gone on to become so famous; they are now tourist attractions in their own right. Undoubtedly, it is a must see while in Athens.
When you’re in Athens, then it is mandatory for you to experience the historic times by visiting Acropolis, which happens to be one of the most popular attractions in Greece. As tourists in huge numbers flock in here, it is advisable to book tickets for Acropolis, well in advance to avoid the future inconvenience. In addition to the tickets for Acropolis, specific Acropolis tour tickets are also available. Hence, in order to get a detailed visit to Acropolis, book tickets for Acropolis and the respective tours.
- Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
- You can take a combined ticket for all the archeologically important sights and it will prove to be a much cheaper option.
- This ticket includes free admission into the Parthenon, the Theater of Dionysos, the Odeion of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Agora, the Roman Agora, Hadrian’s Library, and the Kerameikos Cemetery.
Acropolis Ticket Prices
- Reduced ticket price for Greek Citizens: 6 Euros
- Acropolis ticket is an all-inclusive one that includes a visit to all the attractions in the complex.
How To reach Acropolis by Public Transport
- Acropolis Station: Metro
Restaurants Near Acropolis
- Smile Restaurant
- Daphne’s Eden Vegetarian Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Athens before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Athens and book an accommodation of your choice.
Acropolis, Athens Reviews - Write a Review
Worth your time. You can visit it for free in the first Sunday of every month.
Awesome place... Breath-taking view of the city
Awesome place .... historic nd grt view of city from here ....
Very nice place.
Make sure you check out the acropolis museum as well
- Nearby Attractions
- Garbi Restaurant - Εστιατόριο Γαρμπή
- Filellinon 4
- Marriott Hotels Hellas S.a.
- Marasli 51
- Pandrossou 19
- 105 63
- Presidential S.a.
- Aristotelous 72
- Athens Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Athens
- What to See in 48 Hours in Athens
- What to See in 72 Hours in Athens
- How to Spend 5 Days in Athens
- How to Spend 6 Days in Athens
- How to Spend 7 Days in Athens