Athens UniversityCurrently Open
- Address: 28-32 Panepistimiou Street, Athens 999-20,Greece Map
- Phone: +30-2562338100
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Educational Site, Family And Kids, University
A city as culturally and historically splendid as Athens is bound to possess a university that stands out amongst the rest. The Athens University was designed by the Danish architect Christian Hansen in 1864 and displays an intricate façade that is replete with Greek figures and mythologies. Even though you can’t enter this university as a tourist, yet you can admire its beautiful and rich architecture from outside. On its left is the Athens Academy that was designed by Hansen's brother Theophile. Do not forget to look at the Ionian-style entrance that stands strikingly similar to the eastern entrance to the Erechtheion!
Athens University Travel Tips
- The university is closed for visitors. However, you can atleast appreciate its structure from outside.
How to Reach Athens University
- Nearest Bus Station: Zanneio Bus station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Athens before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Athens and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Athens University Address: 28-32 Panepistimiou Street, Athens 999-20,Greece
- Athens University Contact Number: +30-2562338100
- Time required to visit Athens University: 00:15 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.92% of people who visit Athens include Athens University in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
42.86% of people start their Athens University visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Athens University
83.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Athens University
People normally club together Beule Gate and Asclepion And Stoa Of Eumenes while planning their visit to Athens University.