Bath House Of The WindsCurrently Closed
- Address: Kyrristou 8, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece
- Timings: 08:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +30-2103244340
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Athens is replete with historical sites that have today completely refurbished for visitors to view. The Bath house of the Winds is a beautiful reminder of Roman past in Athens. It is a 17th-century hammam (Turkish bath) which is the only surviving public bathhouse in Athens and one of the few reminders of Ottoman times. Today, this site has been converted into a museum so as to offer the historical information of Turkish Hammams in Athens to the visitors. Inside this museum, you shall come across:
- The main bathing areas covered with domes that are reminiscent of Turkish architecture.
- Since some points in the floor will be made up of glass, you’ll be able to see the underground levels where hot air circulated through a network of earthenware pipelines, which ultimately heated the floor and the walls.
- There is also a permanent exhibition that displays scenes from the life in public bathhouses along with information on ancient, Roman, Byzantine and Turkish bathhouses.
There is also a shop and a cafe inside.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bath House Of The Winds
- Child: Free
How to Reach Bath House Of The Winds
- Metro: Monastiraki
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Athens before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Athens and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.74% of people who visit Athens include Bath House Of The Winds in their plan
77.78% of people start their Bath House Of The Winds visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bath House Of The Winds
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bath House Of The Winds