The Hellenic Motor museum offers a different kind of tourist experience in Athens other than an indulgence into antiquity. As expected from its name, this museum is devoted to motor cars and their history. Designed by Theodoros N. Charagionis, Executive Chairman of Charagionis Group, this museum documents the history of automobiles with special focus on road safety via educational screenings and lectures.
Some of the highlights here include:
- Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant's 1959 Chrysler Imperial
- Formula 1 driver Lorenzo Bandini's personal 1953 Lancia Aurelia
- 1979 Cadillac Seville Gucci with its Gucci-designed interior and exterior fitments.
Apart from these highlights this museum also houses a 3D cinema, the Museum Store, an eight-storey underground garage with 800 car park seats and a luxury resort style central square, with restaurants and coffee shops. A visit over here will introduce you to the contemporary Greece, a feature that is quite different from your general visits to ancient archaeological sites here.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hellenic Motor Museum
- Children and Students : € 5
- Senior citizens and groups : € 5
Hellenic Motor Museum Hours
- Closed on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
- Every Sunday, the museum visitors can watch movie show for free.
How to Reach Hellenic Motor Museum
- Nearest Bus station: ΜΟΥΣΕΙΟ Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Athens before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Athens and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.77% of people who visit Athens include Hellenic Motor Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
58.33% of people start their Hellenic Motor Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hellenic Motor Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hellenic Motor Museum