Museum Of Greek Folk ArtCurrently Closed
- Address: 17 Kydathinaion Str., Plaka, Athens, Greece
- Timings: 08:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +30-2103245957
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Museums
The Museum of Greek Folk Art was founded in the year 1918 and comes under the Ministry of Culture. Initially it was known as the Museum of Greek Handicrafts and later the National Museum of Decorative Arts. Spread across different annexes and buildings (Central Building at 17 Kydathinaion, Bath-house of the Winds at 8 Kyristou and Museum at 22 Panos), on display are folk pottery, baths of Athena, embroidery, wood carvings, folk paintings, silver works, traditional clothing and a lot more. The collection dates from 1650 onwards till date. The museum also organises educational programs, creative 74workshops, pottery classes and shadow performances.
- General Admission- €2
- Students from non European countries and European citizens over 65 years- €1
- People under 19 years, Students from European countries (with ID), Journalists, Soldiers and Disabled people- Free
- The mentioned prices are for the main building at 17 Kydathinaion. Entrance fees differ for the Bath House of the Winds and Museum at 22 Panos street.
- Trams 1, 2, 4, 5, 11, 12 and 15
- Buusses 40, 209 and 227
- Only 1 Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Athens before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Athens and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.47% of people who visit Athens include Museum Of Greek Folk Art in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
45.45% of people start their Museum Of Greek Folk Art visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museum Of Greek Folk Art
50% of people prefer walking in order to reach Museum Of Greek Folk Art