Temple Of Poseidon1192 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Athinon-Souniou Road, Sounio 999-20, Greece, Athens
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +30-2292039363
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids
Cape Sounio, which is a little more than an hour away from Athens, holds many treasures. The foremost of them is undoubtedly the lovely temple of Poseidon. The God of water has been honored very aptly at sea.
Sitting on the sea-face, the decently preserved monument is a lovely ode to Poseidon. The mighty columns look gorgeous against the backdrop of the blue sea. The positioning of the temple itself is quite dramatic and makes it worth the visit.
Besides the temple of Poseidon there are a couple of other Greek marvels along the way so do make it a point to see them as well. Not far from the city, this temple makes for a wonderful and refreshing day trip.
Explore the gem of the place of the Temple of Poseidon by grabbing the Temple of Poseidon tickets on reach. Comprehensive information on the Temple of Poseidon ticket prices is available in the tours section which also proves as the right place to buy tickets for the Temple of Poseidon. Tickets for the Temple of Poseidon which is listed offer a thoroughly complete insight into the bygone era of Athens. So make sure to book tickets for the Temple of Poseidon and get inside the depth of history.
Temple Of Poseidon Travel Tips
- It does not have a specific closing time.
- There are a few Archeological sites around this place too. You can get a combined ticket for all of them for 10 Euros. An entire day can be spent seeing these sites.
- The place is around 70 kilometers and an hour’s drive from Athens.
- Do take a drive to this place; the views on the way are lovely.
- A tour to Temple of Poseidon shall take atleast half a day.
How to Reach Temple Of Poseidon
- Better to drive here or take a tour bus.
- Thodoros and Eleni
- Eat Feels Good
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Athens before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Athens and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.69% of people who visit Athens include Temple Of Poseidon in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.42% of people start their Temple Of Poseidon visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Temple Of Poseidon
93.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Temple Of Poseidon
Temple Of Poseidon Reviews & Ratings
no fix upAnswer Report Abuse