Propelled into people’s imagination the whole world over by Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind, Atlanta lives up it’s romantic heritage with the charm of the old south blending smoothly into the modern world. The city has seven major districts. Decatur upholds the small town feel of Old Atlanta but infuse it with beautiful pathways, boutiques, bars and restaurants.
East Atlanta is alternative. South Atlanta is home to Atlanta braves and the airport. Buckhead and Midtown are ruled by nightlife and business. Commerce and politics go down in Downtown. West Atlanta is rich in homes and history. Altogether the city combines the best of weather, culture, food, history and romance.
Essential travel information and Atlanta tips for your visit
- It is important to say ‘Hi’ when you meet someone. A handshake, a hug or a nod is not necessary unless they do so.
- Do maintain a good eye contact while shaking hands. Americans are very particular about this.
- An appointment should be taken while visiting someone.
- Do get a small gift for someone you are going to meet.
- Try and avoid taboo topics like suicide, polygamy, abortion, race, religion etc.
- When you are going to a restaurant, do wait in front of the door, till the waiter leads you.
- Don’t ask personal things like income or assets to anyone.
- Don’t give white lilies as gifts.
- Don’t remove your shoes when you go somewhere. It is considered to be a sign of disrespect.
- Don’t smoke in front of others without permission.
- Don’t use much make up in public.
- Don’t forget greeting children.
- Don’t ask for toothpicks in any restaurant.
Atlanta Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Atlanta. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Atlanta trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Atlanta
90-Minute Guided Sightseeing Tour by E-Car or MiniBus
1 Hr 30 Mins858 Reviews
2.5hr Guided Segway Tour of Midtown Atlanta
2 Hrs 30 Mins271 Reviews
2.5hr Guided Segway Tour of Historic Atlanta
2 Hrs 30 Mins278 Reviews
Atlanta Historical Homes Tour
3 Hrs26 Reviews
Atlanta Sightseeing Bus Tour
5 Hrs621 Reviews
Private Atlanta History Tour From Civil War to Civil Rights
3 Hrs43 Reviews
how many of attractions are wheel chair friendly?Answer Report Abuse
Places like World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, Zoo Atlanta, Centennial Olympic Park, and CNN studio tour are definitely wheelchair-friendly. Most of the other popular attractions in Atlanta may also have limited or partial wheelchair access.Report Abuse