Atlanta History Center1025 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 130 West Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30305, United States, 30305
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4048144000
- Fax: +1-4048144186
- Ticket Price: 17 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Garden, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
This historic centre preserves quite a rich heritage. It has twelve exhibits six of which are permanent. These include the Centennial Olympic Museum; the Turning Point, an American Civil War Exhibition; Metropolitan Frontiers, Chronicling the expansion of Atlanta; Shaping Tradition, on Southern folk art; Down the Fairway with Bobby Jones, on the history of golf in the USA; and Philip Trammell Shutze: Atlanta Classicist, Connoisseur, and Collector.
The grounds also have a few historic houses including the Tullie Smith House, the Swan House and the Margaret Mitchell House and Museum. It’s a nice visit. At the Smith Farm the there are two guides who’ll remain in historic character as you direct questions at them. And for Hunger Games fans’, there’s even a Capitol tour, because if you’ll remember, the Swan House was used in Catching Fire. Atlanta History Center is one of the attractions in 3 Days in Atlanta itinerary. Must visit this awesome attraction.
Atlanta History Center Travel Tips
- Gardens and grounds close at 5:15 pm.
- The Atlanta History Center organizes magic Mondays, home school days, connor brown discovery trail friendly programmes for kids.
Entrance Ticket Details For Atlanta History Center
- Adults- $16.50; Seniors and students between (13-18) $13; Youth between (4-12) $11.
- All bank of America/Merrill lynch customers get free admission on every first weekend of each month.
How to Reach Atlanta History Center
- Bus 110/ Buckhead Station
- Swan Coach House
- Coast Seafood and Raw Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Atlanta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Atlanta and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.38% of people who visit Atlanta include Atlanta History Center in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
61.4% of people start their Atlanta History Center visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Atlanta History Center
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Atlanta History Center
Atlanta History Center Reviews & Ratings
Is Cyclorama hard for handicap persons with walkers to see the whole painting?Answer Report Abuse
I suggest calling the Atlanta History Center on 404.814.4000 to get this information.Report Abuse