President Carter was quite the fixture here in Atlanta, so it’s only fitting that the city has an entire museum devoted to him. Yes, this is a museum in function. It contains the Carter’s Nobel Peace Prize, a replica of the Oval Office, a copy of the Resolute desk, 27 million pages of documents; 500,000 photos, and 40,000 objects, along with films, videos, and audiotapes – covering everything from the presidency to the lives of the Carter Family.
The National Archives and Records Administration manage it. Arranged beautifully according to a timeline, the exhibit is best visited once you have a clear idea of what you’re here for, because you’ll never get through all the documents! There’s even a Grammy!
Jimmy Carter Library And Museum Travel Tips
- Generally, an ideal time to visit this place is in the afternoon by 3:00 pm where there is not much crowd and you can explore out the history far much better.
- Varies as per the season.
- When you plan to visit this place, make sure you maintain silence as the library is a place where lot of readers come here to enjoy their reading time.
- It has more than 27 million book.
How to Reach Jimmy Carter Library And Museum
- Freedom Parkway
- No specific eateries available at the location, however, you can certainly wander around the street.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Atlanta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Atlanta and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.75% of people who visit Atlanta include Jimmy Carter Library And Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
55.56% of people start their Jimmy Carter Library And Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jimmy Carter Library And Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jimmy Carter Library And Museum
Jimmy Carter Library And Museum Reviews & Ratings
?Generally speaking, how much time is needed to visit the museumAnswer Report Abuse