Zoo Atlanta2177 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 800 Cherokee Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30315, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4046245600
- Ticket Price: 22 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Nature
The Zoo goes with big, popular favorites – Gorillas, Orangutans, giant Pandas. Purchased from a bankrupt travelling circus by George V. Gress, the zoo didn’t gain much popularity, and a hundred years later, was termed as “possibly one of the worst zoos in the world”. But a 20 year revival and acquisition period later, the Zoo is Atlanta’s pride.
The Ford African rainforest has overseen the birth of eighteen Gorillas; the Living Tree House is a large aviary; Boundless Budgies houses more than 500 free-flying Parakeets that may be hand fed; the Trader’s Alley focuses on wildlife trade; complex Carnivores houses bush Dogs, Binturong, Fossa, a clouded Leopard and Sumatran Tigers; African Plains have Lions, Elephants, blue cranes Southern Ground Hornbills, Meerkats, Warthogs, Giraffes, Zebras and Ostrich.
Other exhibits include the Asian Forest, the World of Reptiles and the Children’s Zoo. The zoo isn’t very large, but its animal collection is excellent and extremely diverse. The staff is completely informed and ready for any questions you might have.
Zoo Atlanta Travel Tips
- The unlimited ride day pass is very good for unlimited rides on all attractions for the date of purchase.
Entrance Ticket Details For Zoo Atlanta
- Adult (12+) $21.99; Child(3-11) $16.99; Child under 2 admission is free; Senior citizen (65+) $17.99; Military rate and college student rate $17.99.
Zoo Atlanta Hours
- In exceptional cases of inclement weather, the zoo is closed or closed early.
- Monday to Friday last admission at 4:30 pm; Saturdays and Sundays last admission at 5:30 pm.
How to Reach Zoo Atlanta
- King Memorial Station
- Jack's Pizza
- Mae’s Soul Food
- The Sound Table
- Pittypat’s Porch
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Atlanta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Atlanta and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.74% of people who visit Atlanta include Zoo Atlanta in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
55.21% of people start their Zoo Atlanta visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Zoo Atlanta
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zoo Atlanta