Atlantic City Tourism
Often referred to as a poor man’s Vegas, Atlantic City is primarily known for its beaches and casinos. Atlantic City is like a huge seaside resort- America’s oldest, mind you! It has been a popular destination since it was revamped as a casino town. But for those who’ve been there, they know that there’s much more to AC (Atlantic City) than just glitzy casinos; those of you who’re yet to visit AC, take time and sight see to find out for yourself.
For example, the world’s first ever boardwalk, was built on the beaches of Atlantic City and is now the lifeline of the city, connecting it to every major attraction of the city; not to mention the boardwalk’s own charm of stunning vistas and the Air show that’s held over the boardwalk every August. Did you know, that the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Show that formed an integral part of our childhood was inspired by the Ripley’s museum at AC?
Atlantic City is full of such fun nuggets of fact that are just waiting to be discovered….!
Essential travel information and Atlantic City tips for your visit
- Atlantic City sees huge throngs of tourists, which attracts quite a crowd of homeless people and beggars seen around the boardwalk. They aren’t aggressive and if you just say ‘no’ and walk away, they won’t bother you.
- Keep careful watch of your belongings. Even though there’s a lot of police patrolling around the city, pickpockets are rampant so be aware of your belongings and surroundings.
- Don’t wander about the Boardwalk at night.
- Be weary of pickpockets even inside the casino, especially when you go to collect your winnings. If you feel uncomfortable to be seen out carrying large amounts of cash, ask the people at the casino to either give you a check or have someone escort you to your room or car.
- Should you encounter any problem, don’t hesitate to ask the police for help.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Atlantic City
Save 5%The Hostel Interactive Escape Room in New JerseyNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Private Transfer: Atlantic City to JFK or Laguardia AirportsNew on TripHobo
2 Hrs 30 Mins
Save 5%New Jersey Poltergeist Interactive Escape RoomNew on TripHobo
Save 5%X-FILE Interactive Escape Room in New JerseyNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Sunset Dinner Cruise - Main DeckNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Holly Jolly Hunt - Holiday Scavenger Hunt in Atlantic City, NJNew on TripHobo