Brown's IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Brown’s Island, near Auckland, New Zealand
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Island, Water Body, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Boating, Scuba, Bird Watching
About Brown's Island, Auckland
Browns Island, AKA Motukorea is a small island in the Hauraki Gulf. It is one the well preserved volcanoes of the Auckland Volcanic Field. Even today one can see the volcano’s main scoria cone along with its well shaped crater. The island has been an important part of Auckland's early history. Many historic sites cover a large area of the island. The sites include Maori pa sites and also early European settlement ruins. Activities on the island include kayaking, boating, bird watching, fishing, swimming and walking and hiking trails.
Brown's Island Information
- Carrying snacks with you is recommended.
Brown's Island Ticket Prices
- Activities, tours and equipment rental are chargeable.
Brown's Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Activities and guided tours start usually by 9:00 am.
How To reach Brown's Island by Public Transport
- Ferries from Auckland.
- Many tourists sign up for a kayaking/ boating trip to the island.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Brown's Island
30.6% of people who visit Auckland include Brown's Island in their plan
6 PM - 7 PM
28.21% of people start their Brown's Island visit around 6 PM - 7 PM
3 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 3 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Brown's Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Brown's Island
Brown's Island Map
Brown's Island Trips
23 Views10 Days 9 NightsTrip to Washington D. C., Virginia Beach, RichmondBy: William CookCity: Charlottesville, Richmond, Virginia Beach, Washington D. C.
Brown's Island, Auckland Reviews
Very picturesque island with a few beaches and a lot of land to walk over. We took a sea kayaking tour which brought us here - it's quite a distance so be prepared!
All QuestionsBrown's island
- St Francis Xavier Catholic Church
- Johnsons Park
- Cal Marine
- Washburn Public Library
- Faithpoint Church
- St Mary Of The Knobs
- St John Catholic Church
- New Birth Baptist Church
- Hindu Society Of N C
- Pine Hill Friends Meeting
- Homeplace Recreational Park
- Dillsboro Public Library
- Powers Winery
- Smith Springs Church Of Christ
- St Philip's Episcopal Church