Brown's Island, Auckland
About Brown's Island, Auckland
Brown's Island, Auckland - Address
Address: Brown’s Island, near Auckland, New Zealand
Time Required: 03:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Island, Water Body, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Boating, Scuba, Bird Watching
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Browns Island, AKA Motukorea is a small island in the Hauraki Gulf. It is one the well preserved volcanoes of the Auckland Volcanic Field. Even today one can see the volcano’s main scoria cone along with its well shaped crater. The island has been an important part of Auckland's early history. Many historic sites cover a large area of the island. The sites include Maori pa sites and also early European settlement ruins. Activities on the island include kayaking, boating, bird watching, fishing, swimming and walking and hiking trails.
Brown's Island Information
- Carrying snacks with you is recommended.
Brown's Island Ticket Prices
- Activities, tours and equipment rental are chargeable.
Brown's Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Activities and guided tours start usually by 9:00 am.
How To reach Brown's Island by Public Transport
- Ferries from Auckland.
- Many tourists sign up for a kayaking/ boating trip to the island.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Brown's Island, Auckland Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Auckland Airport Lodge
- Ecozip Adventures
- Hotel Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
- The Station Backpackers
- Waldorf Tetra Hotel Apartments
- The University Of Auckland
- Crowne Plaza
- Oakwood Manor
- Mount Eden Summit
- Auckland Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Auckland
- What to See in 48 Hours in Auckland
- What to See in 72 Hours in Auckland
- How to Spend 5 Days in Auckland
- How to Spend 6 Days in Auckland
- How to Spend 7 Days in Auckland