Butterfly CreekCurrently Closed
- Address: 10 Tom Pearce Drive, Auckland 2150, New Zealand
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-92758880
- Ticket Price: 27 NZD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Aquarium, Entertainment, Family And Kids
About Butterfly Creek, Auckland
A fun place for families to visit while in Auckland, Butterfly Creek is a zoo of sorts! Although, it is more than a zoo, it is an entertainment centre! Within the premises is an aquarium, a Dinosaur kingdom, a tropical butterfly house, a bugs exhibit, a buttermilk farm and the Butterfly Creek is also home to turtles, monkeys, crocodiles, alligators, birds and dragons. There is a little train that circles the complex and also a playground for the kids to play in. The kids will have an amazing time exploring and you can even sit back and relax.
Butterfly Creek Information
- Butterfly Creek caters for all wheelchairs, walkers, strollers and double buggies.
- There is a wheelchair accessible toilet located near the courtyard.
- Free maps are available at the shop which includes all daily animal encounter times.
Butterfly Creek Ticket Prices
- All Inclusive Package: Adult: $27, Children (3-15): $16, Seniors and Students: $23, Children under 3: Free
- Family Pass: 2 adults and 2 kids: $73
- Train Price per person: $3
Butterfly Creek Opening and Closing Hours
- Weekends, school & public holidays 9.00 am to 5.30 pm with last entry at 4.30pm.
How To reach Butterfly Creek by Public Transport
- Airbuss express drop at Airport terminal. 5 minutes walking distance from there.
- Orange bus route 380
Restaurants Near Butterfly Creek
- Papillon cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Butterfly Creek
30.07% of people who visit Auckland include Butterfly Creek in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
44.24% of people start their Butterfly Creek visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Butterfly Creek
94.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Butterfly Creek
Butterfly Creek Map
Butterfly Creek Trips
Butterfly Creek, Auckland Reviews
Well maintained place with a good variety of things to do and see. Animals look well cared for. And the price is reasonable for what you get. Suitable for all ages for a nice day out.
We were blown away with how much there was to see here. Last time we came they had the train, the butterfly house and the crocodiles and spiders and some farm animals. Now they have this whole dinosaur exhibit which is really cool too.
Great place to visit with kids! We saw feeding time with Goldie the Croc. I was impressed that there were benches available in 2 heights - kids and adults The dino sculptures were amazing! It was great for photos. I also liked posing in the raptor cage. Farm experience was great too. There were a lot of animals like goats, sheep, pigs, chickens, ducks, rabbits, alpacas etc. But it didn't smell! Fantastic job guys!
What a great place for family fun. Heaps of well thought out activities. Cafe could do with a little more staff at times to get through peaks but overall loved it.
Very much liked the place!! The butterflies were amazing. Our daughter did enjoy the play area as well, although, it is a bit small. The train ride also is not too exciting. The dinosaur area, the farm animals area were both enjoyable for our daughter. The cafe does not have much of a selection for vegetarians, so, if you are vegetarians, make alternate arrangements. They do allow outside food, only you would need to use one of the outside table. Would definitely recommend the place.
All QuestionsButterfly creek
- Daniel And Catherine Christian House
- Chowchilla Recreation Area
- McLean Auto Salvage
- Oxbow Rapids Upper Wolf River State Natural Area
- Avondale Arboretum
- Alumni Hall
- Coffeen Lake
- Pardee Lake
- Martinsburg 7th Day Adventist Church
- Riley, James D
- Old Washington Boyette
- The Bowling Alley
- Bedford Hospital Heliport
- Calvery Chapel
- Belgum Lake