Ewelme Cottage5 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 14 Ayr St, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand Map
- Timings: 10:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +64-95245729
- Ticket Price: 9 NZD
- Time Required: 00:40 Mins
- Tags: Museums
The Ewelme Cottage was built in 1863 for Reverend Vicesimus Lush and his family who lived here until 1968. In 1969 the place was converted to a museum and even today the home contains a wonderful collection of over 2000 books, numerous pages of sheet music, original art pieces and a variety of objects that the family used. The home is kept in pristine condition, just as the family had left it.
Apart from its period treasures, the place is famous for its hauntings that date back to 1945. The place was where the Oscar-winning film ‘The Piano’ was shot! Visit the place for its history, its mysterious ghost sightings and its old-world charm.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ewelme Cottage
- Adults: New Zealand dollar 8.50
- Accompanied children: Free
- Unaccompanied children: New Zealand dollar 3.50
How to Reach Ewelme Cottage
- By Bus: 493 Parnell RdBy TaxiBy renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ewelme Cottage Address: 14 Ayr St, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand
- Ewelme Cottage Contact Number: +64-95245729
- Ewelme Cottage Timing: 10:30 am - 04:30 pm
- Ewelme Cottage Price: 9 NZD
- Time required to visit Ewelme Cottage: 00:40 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people start their Ewelme Cottage visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ewelme Cottage
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ewelme Cottage
People normally club together Te Uru Waitakere Contemporary Gallery and Barry Curtis Park while planning their visit to Ewelme Cottage.