- Address: Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Walking Area, Dine In, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Architecture , Harbour
About Ferry Building, Auckland
Built in the early 20th century and included in the list of New Zealand Historic Places Trust, the Ferry Building stands out against the harbour owing to its rich Baroque architecture. The building functions as a part of the Aukland Ferry network and also has some of the best restaurants in the city.
Take a walk around the building to witness its grand design and wrap up the visit with a warm meal at one of the restaurants, to later take a romantic walk along the harbour.
Ferry Building Ticket Prices
- For prices of ferry rides, visit the official website.
Ferry Building Opening and Closing Hours
- Recommended time of arrival is 8:00am to 9:00pm.
- Timings of individual shops and ferry operators vary. For more information visit the official website.
How To reach Ferry Building by Public Transport
- By Bus: Quay St Near Queen St
- By Train: Britomart
- By Ferry: Ferry Terminal - Pier 3 A-B
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ferry Building
3.27% of people who visit Auckland include Ferry Building in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
60.09% of people start their Ferry Building visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ferry Building
90.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ferry Building
Ferry Building Map
Ferry Building Trips
Ferry Building, Auckland Reviews
An old building at the waterfront of Auckland's downtown, in front of the downtown ferry wharf. After it got renovated and strengthen, it's now houses several upscale restaurants; unfortunately, the best feature of those restaurants are the view. Especially with their price tags. Luckily some of the non-restaurant vendors are quite good.
Lots of good shops around
Beautiful architecture, though I've never been in the building or taken a ferry ride, so I can't review it for more than its external appearance.
What a fantastic building! So nice to find a jewel amongst all the glass and steel.
Fantastic historical site and ferry access to north shore of Auckland.
All QuestionsFerry building
- Museo Parrocchiale Di San Grato
- Sala Giochi Del Corso Di Farina Caterina
- Santuario S. Domenico
- Pirotecnica Peter Pan Dicalvetta Fioravante
- Biblioteca Calabrese Centro Culturale Folklore
- Biblioteca Calabrese Istituto
- Parrocchia San Martino Vescovo
- Sergio Giuseppe
- Vallesella Di Cadore
- Camping International Di Cologna
- Da Vià Federico
- Ptp Rifugio Bajon - Rifugio Cai Permanente
- Parrocchia SS Quirico E Giulitta