Glenbrook Vintage RailwayCurrently Closed
- Address: 153 Glenbrook Station Rd, Mauku 2681, New Zealand, Auckland
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-096369361
- Ticket Price: 25 NZD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Family And Kids, Train Ride, Games, Workshop
Glenbrook Vintage Railway - Review
Preserving railway history of Auckland in a fun and interactive way, the Glenbrook Vintage Railway offers an hour-long train journey on Thomas (better known as Thomas and Friends) along with a range of activities for children at the ‘Imagination station’!
The place offers workshops and fun activities for children including face painting, a miniature area and a bouncy castle! End the visit by shopping for some exclusive ‘Thomas & Friends’ merchandise.
Glenbrook Vintage Railway Information
- Other Contact No . +64 092363546
Glenbrook Vintage Railway Ticket Prices
Steam Train Ride:
- Adult - New Zealand dollar 25
- Child - New Zealand dollar 10 (4 years to 14 years)
- Family - New Zealand dollar 65 (up to 2 adults and 4 children)
- Children under 4 years old ride free.
- New Zealand dollar 5 per person or free upon showing your Train Ticket.
Bulgy the Bus Ride:
- New Zealand dollar 8 per person or New Zealand dollar 4 per person upon showing your Train Ticket.
Glenbrook Vintage Railway Hours
Day Out With Thomas (Duration 1 hour):
- Departure Timings: 9.30 am, 10.00 am, 10.30 am, 11.00 am, 11.30 am, 12.00 pm, 12.30 pm, 1.00 pm , 1.30 pm, 2.00 pm, 2.30 pm, 3.00 pm, 3.30 pm, 4.00 pm
- For Other Timings: Visit the official website.
How To reach Glenbrook Vintage Railway by Public Transport
- By Bus: Glenbrook Bus Station
- By Train: Glenbrook Railway Station
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Glenbrook Vintage Railway
0.66% of people who visit Auckland include Glenbrook Vintage Railway in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
58.33% of people start their Glenbrook Vintage Railway visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Glenbrook Vintage Railway
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Glenbrook Vintage Railway
Glenbrook Vintage Railway Trips
Glenbrook Vintage Railway, Auckland Reviews
What a great visit. Paid a bit extra for the First Class Palour ticket which included a high tea and tea/coffee. You can pay extra for beer and wine if you want. The volunteers have done a great job and very friendly and knowledgeable. They will soon be putting on a dining car. Can't wait
If you have someone in the family who is just totally obsessed with steam trains then i cannot think of a better place than Glenbrook. The trains are very well maintained and the vintage carriages are breath taking. For only $20 an adult and $10 for kids 2+ years or $40pp for the first class treatment (offers first class carriage with cookies, cakes, scones, teas, coffees, juices and more) you will enjoy the beauty of the country side on a little piece of history. Well worth the visit.
Fantastic to see not just the vintage steam train, but the station too. Definitely a win with kids.
Fun and interactive with our 2 year old. The crew is friendly and obviously enjoyed their work there. Well done!
This is pretty expensive for a family pass. And that a family of five and you're looking at over 200$ for less than an hour on a train. There are a few other rides, they also cost $5 per person like Bertie the bus, and Thomas with two carriages, that moves about 50m up and down the track. Cool if you happen to be in Waiuku, maybe not worth a specific day out trip from outside Auckland though.