Preserving railway history of Auckland in a fun and interactive way, the Glenbrook Vintage Railway offers an hour-long train journey on Thomas (better known as Thomas and Friends) along with a range of activities for children at the ‘Imagination station’!
The place offers workshops and fun activities for children including face painting, a miniature area and a bouncy castle! End the visit by shopping for some exclusive ‘Thomas & Friends’ merchandise.
- Other Contact No . +64 092363546
Steam Train Ride:
- Adult - New Zealand dollar 25
- Child - New Zealand dollar 10 (4 years to 14 years)
- Family - New Zealand dollar 65 (up to 2 adults and 4 children)
- Children under 4 years old ride free.
- New Zealand dollar 5 per person or free upon showing your Train Ticket.
Bulgy the Bus Ride:
- New Zealand dollar 8 per person or New Zealand dollar 4 per person upon showing your Train Ticket.
Day Out With Thomas (Duration 1 hour):
- Departure Timings: 9.30 am, 10.00 am, 10.30 am, 11.00 am, 11.30 am, 12.00 pm, 12.30 pm, 1.00 pm , 1.30 pm, 2.00 pm, 2.30 pm, 3.00 pm, 3.30 pm, 4.00 pm
- For Other Timings: Visit the official website.
- By Bus: Glenbrook Bus Station
- By Train: Glenbrook Railway Station
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.65% of people who visit Auckland include Glenbrook Vintage Railway in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
58.33% of people start their Glenbrook Vintage Railway visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Glenbrook Vintage Railway
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Glenbrook Vintage Railway
Been going since I was a child. Always a great day out, you can see the work that had gone into the place by the dedicated volunteers and the restoration projects. Each year it's a little better. The Thomas the tank engine day is a great outing for the kids. Fun for the whole family, it does get busy but the line moves quick with two trains operating for the event moving passengers back and fourth.
An incredible assortment of locomotives, ranging from vintage steam engines to newer diesel electrics. These wonderfully constructed tributes to engineering come from around the world. They’re doing a fantastic job restoring carriages and maintaining the rail yard, which includes mechanical switches and signals. They truly are keeping history alive with their dedicated employees and volunteers. I can’t recommend them enough for a weekend trip just south of Auckland. If you’re into trains or want to put together a great day for the family, consider checking out their operational times.
It's just a shame this experience... The website is telling you one, the reality is another think. They said all included but when you get to that bus you must pay extra... Plus the Thomas Steam train track its such a shame, its about 150 long... Takes you forward and backwards a few time and that's it. Paid $70 plus 16 extra for a bus ride... What a waste of time
Awesome ride. Great ventures m love the steam trains. Great events too
A fun day to spend with the little ones. Put a smile on their face. :)