Glenbrook Vintage Railway, Auckland
About Glenbrook Vintage Railway, Auckland
Glenbrook Vintage Railway, Auckland - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 153 Glenbrook Station Rd, Mauku 2681, New Zealand
Ticket Price: 25 NZD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 209 times in trip plans
Entertainment, Family And Kids, Train Ride, Games, Workshop
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Preserving railway history of Auckland in a fun and interactive way, the Glenbrook Vintage Railway offers an hour-long train journey on Thomas (better known as Thomas and Friends) along with a range of activities for children at the ‘Imagination station’!
The place offers workshops and fun activities for children including face painting, a miniature area and a bouncy castle! End the visit by shopping for some exclusive ‘Thomas & Friends’ merchandise.
Glenbrook Vintage Railway Information
- Other Contact No . +64 092363546
Glenbrook Vintage Railway Ticket Prices
Steam Train Ride:
- Adult - New Zealand dollar 25
- Child - New Zealand dollar 10 (4 years to 14 years)
- Family - New Zealand dollar 65 (up to 2 adults and 4 children)
- Children under 4 years old ride free.
- New Zealand dollar 5 per person or free upon showing your Train Ticket.
Bulgy the Bus Ride:
- New Zealand dollar 8 per person or New Zealand dollar 4 per person upon showing your Train Ticket.
Glenbrook Vintage Railway Opening and Closing Hours
Day Out With Thomas (Duration 1 hour):
- Departure Timings: 9.30 am, 10.00 am, 10.30 am, 11.00 am, 11.30 am, 12.00 pm, 12.30 pm, 1.00 pm , 1.30 pm, 2.00 pm, 2.30 pm, 3.00 pm, 3.30 pm, 4.00 pm
- For Other Timings: Visit the official website.
How To reach Glenbrook Vintage Railway by Public Transport
- By Bus: Glenbrook Bus Station
- By Train: Glenbrook Railway Station
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Glenbrook Vintage Railway, Auckland Reviews - Write a Review
If you have someone in the family who is just totally obsessed with steam trains then i cannot think of a better place than Glenbrook. The trains are very well maintained and the vintage carriages are breath taking. For only $20 an adult and $10 for kids 2+ years or $40pp for the first class treatment (offers first class carriage with cookies, cakes, scones, teas, coffees, juices and more) you will enjoy the beauty of the country side on a little piece of history. Well worth the visit.
A great experience! Keeping history alive. The Parlour Carriage is especially nice. Love the outdoor observation deck!
Ride a working vintage stream train. On the Thomas special days it's very busy. There aren't many onsite food options, so bring a picnic and be prepared to queue for everything else. The stream train ride is nice, but the Thomas fans are herded like cattle into standing carriages and go 100 meters forward and back for 10 minutes.
Experience the power of steam with a ride on this line from rural Glenbrook into Waiuku. The trains consist of carriges from the early 20th century hauled by a 100+ year old locomotive. There is an on-site refreshment room serving sandwiches and pies as well as hot and cold drinks. There is plenty of parking around the station area.
A must for steam train enthusiasts. Plenty of parking, volunteer staff friendly helpful. A good day out for family
- Nearby Attractions
- Stardome Observatory
- Rainbow's End
- Auckland Harbour Bridge
- Orewa Beach
- Sylvia Park Shopping Centre
- Manukau Heads Lighthouse
- La Cigale French Market
- Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park
- Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Coast-to-coast Walkway
- Auckland Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Auckland
- What to See in 48 Hours in Auckland
- What to See in 72 Hours in Auckland
- How to Spend 5 Days in Auckland
- How to Spend 6 Days in Auckland
- How to Spend 7 Days in Auckland