Hauraki Gulf21 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hauraki Gulf, New Zealand, Auckland
- Time Required: 09:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Historical Site, Nature
The Hauraki Gulf (Tikapa Moana) consists of the Motutapu Island, Ponui Island, Waiheke Island, TiritiriMatangi, The dome of Rangitoto Island, The Browns Island, Motuihe Island, Pakihi Island, Pakatoa Island, Rakino Island and The Rotoroa Island. Most ferry rides take you to the historic Motuihe island to see the beautiful beaches and explore the many walkways that embrace historic ruins.
The beach was a Quarantine sections during the 1870’s and a war camp during the early 20th century. Today, history is part of its modern vacation attractions and is a major highlight of the country.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hauraki Gulf
- For prices of Ferry rides and tours, visit the official website.
Hauraki Gulf Hours
- Recommended time of arrival is 8:00am to 10:00am.
- For timings of Ferry rides and tours, visit the official website.
How to Reach Hauraki Gulf
- By Ferry: Ferry Terminal - Pier 3 A-B
- Local Ferry tours can be booked online.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.39% of people who visit Auckland include Hauraki Gulf in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
57.14% of people start their Hauraki Gulf visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 9 Hrs to see Hauraki Gulf
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Hauraki Gulf