- Address: Hauraki Gulf, New Zealand, Auckland
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 09:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Hauraki Gulf - Review
The Hauraki Gulf (Tikapa Moana) consists of the Motutapu Island, Ponui Island, Waiheke Island, TiritiriMatangi, The dome of Rangitoto Island, The Browns Island, Motuihe Island, Pakihi Island, Pakatoa Island, Rakino Island and The Rotoroa Island. Most ferry rides take you to the historic Motuihe island to see the beautiful beaches and explore the many walkways that embrace historic ruins.
The beach was a Quarantine sections during the 1870’s and a war camp during the early 20th century. Today, history is part of its modern vacation attractions and is a major highlight of the country.
Hauraki Gulf Ticket Prices
- For prices of Ferry rides and tours, visit the official website.
Hauraki Gulf Opening and Closing Hours
- Recommended time of arrival is 8:00am to 10:00am.
- For timings of Ferry rides and tours, visit the official website.
How To reach Hauraki Gulf by Public Transport
- By Ferry: Ferry Terminal - Pier 3 A-B
- Local Ferry tours can be booked online.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hauraki Gulf
1.82% of people who visit Auckland include Hauraki Gulf in their plan
65.12% of people start their Hauraki Gulf visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 9 Hrs to see Hauraki Gulf
66.67% of people prefer walking in order to reach Hauraki Gulf
Hauraki Gulf Map
Hauraki Gulf Trips
Hauraki Gulf, Auckland Reviews
Boating he in lots of great anchorages good fishing so much to see
Wow fishing is great out here! We are so lucky in Auckland to have such wonderful fishing spots and great ocean filled with lovely beaches and islands on our doorstep!
Amazing place. Water warm!
The water play ground of Auckland. Great fishing and sailing as well as many many safe anchorages. Spectacular views and snorkeling around the islands
I dont know how to rate the Hauraki Gulf but I had a great charter haha
All QuestionsHauraki gulf
- La Teñada
- Iglesia De Santa María Del Azogue
- Biblioteca Publica
- Iglesia De San Juan
- Conjunto Histórico Artístico De Valderas
- Plaza De Toros De Valderas
- Promocion Servicios Culturales Recreativos
- Bodega Casto Pequeño
- Ayuntamiento De Valderas
- Museo Parroquial De Valderas
- Bodega Vinos De La Ribera De La Cea S.coop
- Parroquia De Riudaura
- Castillo De Los Davila
- Antonia Pereda Diaz
- Castillo De Puente Del Congosto