Hobbiton (matamata)50 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 501 Buckland Rd, Hinuera, Matamata 3472, New Zealand, Auckland Map
- Phone: +64-78881505
- Tags: Ranch, Family And Kids
If you are a Hobbit Trilogy fan and have always wished to visit the place where the Shire scenes were shot, plan a visit to the Hobbiton (matamata). Basically a sheep rearing farm, the Hobbiton (matamata) is now equipped with lush greenery and landscaped garden as well as gift shop, cafeteria and inn. The Alexander family Sheep Farm looks magnificent with the backdrop of the Kaimai Mountain range. The guide will show you around by pointing out the detailing of the set and explaining you about the shooting of the movie. Around the set you will also find the Hobbit Holes, Green Dragon Inn and the Mill. Enjoy the Southfarthing beverage or a lavish buffet lunch at the Marquee.
How to Reach Hobbiton (matamata)
- Bus Auckland – Central – Auckland – Central to stop –Hobbiton Movie Set
- Hobbiton (matamata) Address: 501 Buckland Rd, Hinuera, Matamata 3472, New Zealand, Auckland
- Hobbiton (matamata) Contact Number: +64-78881505
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.88% of people who visit Auckland include Hobbiton (matamata) in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
36.84% of people start their Hobbiton (matamata) visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Hobbiton (matamata)
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hobbiton (matamata)
People normally club together Hobbiton and Matamata Glider Airport while planning their visit to Hobbiton (matamata).