How to Reach Auckland, New Zealand
The Easiest Way to Reach Auckland
HOW TO GET TO AUCKLAND
- By Air: Flights to Auckland land at the Auckland International Airport AKA Auckland Airport. It has well connected flights to countries like Australia, Bangkok, India, Japan, England, Dubai, Singapore and USA.
- By Train: Within New Zealand, trains connect Auckland to Wellington.
- By Boat: With 18 cruise lines visiting Auckland, getting to the city by cruise ship couldn’t be easier.
- By Road: Within New Zealand, motorways and expressways connect Auckland to regions in the north and south, and throughout the wider Auckland region.
HOW TO GET AROUND AUCKLAND
- By Bus: Britomart Transport Centre is the city’s main transport hub and is located in downtown Auckland. It has frequent interval busses running all across Auckland.
- By Train: The city of Auckland is also well connected by rail.
- By Car: Renting a car is possible in Auckland. You need to have a valid driving license however.
- By Taxi: Hiring a taxi may prove costly but to explore distant places in Auckland Region, taxi is recommended.
- By Ferry: Hop on a local ferry or water taxi to discover some of Auckland’s most beautiful spots.
- By Cycle: Rent a bicycle and explore the city like never before!
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Auckland and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Auckland
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Auckland. The most preferred mode of transport in Auckland is Car.
Average distance: 15.52 km Average time: 39.49 min
Car 55.71%Driving 36.49 min Walking 0.54 min Waiting 0.1 min Overall average time for 19.61 kms 37.13 min
Walking 12.86%Walking 37 min Driving 7 min Tram 1.67 min Waiting 1.11 min Overall average time for 4.76 kms 46.78 min
Motorbike 2.86%Motorbike 17 min Overall average time for 10 kms 17 min
Bus/Trolleybus 14.29%Bus 29.7 min Walking 6.4 min Waiting 5.6 min Train 1.7 min Overall average time for 11 kms 43.4 min
Train/Metro 2.86%Train 40 min Walking 11 min Waiting 5 min Bus 3.5 min Overall average time for 15 kms 59.5 min
Bike 1.43%Bike 30 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 10 kms 32 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Auckland
- How to reach East Tamaki
- How to reach Manukau
- How to reach Pukekohe
- How to reach Pukekohe East
- How to reach Buckland School
- How to reach Whitianga
- How to reach Stanmore Bay
- How to reach Ferry Landing
- How to reach Rothesay Bay
- How to Reach Top Cities in New Zealand
- How to reach Christchurch
- How to reach Franz Josef Glacier
- How to reach Taupo
- How to reach Nelson
- How to reach Dunedin
- How to reach Wellington
- How to reach Sunnyhills
- How to reach Greenstone
- How to reach Waipori Falls
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Manhouce
- How to reach Milarrochy
- How to reach North Oxford