How to Reach Auckland
The Easiest Way to Reach Auckland
HOW TO GET TO AUCKLAND
- By Air: Flights to Auckland land at the Auckland International Airport AKA Auckland Airport. It has well connected flights to countries like Australia, Bangkok, India, Japan, England, Dubai, Singapore and USA.
- By Train: Within New Zealand, trains connect Auckland to Wellington.
- By Boat: With 18 cruise lines visiting Auckland, getting to the city by cruise ship couldn’t be easier.
- By Road: Within New Zealand, motorways and expressways connect Auckland to regions in the north and south, and throughout the wider Auckland region.
HOW TO GET AROUND AUCKLAND
- By Bus: Britomart Transport Centre is the city’s main transport hub and is located in downtown Auckland. It has frequent interval busses running all across Auckland.
- By Train: The city of Auckland is also well connected by rail.
- By Car: Renting a car is possible in Auckland. You need to have a valid driving license however.
- By Taxi: Hiring a taxi may prove costly but to explore distant places in Auckland Region, taxi is recommended.
- By Ferry: Hop on a local ferry or water taxi to discover some of Auckland’s most beautiful spots.
- By Cycle: Rent a bicycle and explore the city like never before!
Modes of Transportation in Auckland
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Auckland. The most preferred mode of transport in Auckland is Car.
Average distance: 15.04 km Average time: 42.8 min
Car 50%Driving 40.93 min Walking 1.21 min Waiting 0.14 min Overall average time for 19.63 kms 42.28 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.79%Bus 31.5 min Waiting 5.13 min Walking 5.13 min Train 2.13 min Overall average time for 11.88 kms 43.88 min
Train/Metro 3.45%Train 40 min Walking 11 min Waiting 5 min Bus 3.5 min Overall average time for 15 kms 59.5 min
Walking 15.52%Walking 37 min Driving 7 min Tram 1.67 min Waiting 1.11 min Overall average time for 4.76 kms 46.78 min
Motorbike 3.45%Motorbike 17 min Overall average time for 10 kms 17 min
Bike 1.72%Bike 30 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 10 kms 32 min