How to Reach Auckland - The Easiest Way to Reach Auckland
HOW TO GET TO AUCKLAND
- By Air: Flights to Auckland land at the Auckland International Airport AKA Auckland Airport. It has well connected flights to countries like Australia, Bangkok, India, Japan, England, Dubai, Singapore and USA.
- By Train: Within New Zealand, trains connect Auckland to Wellington.
- By Boat: With 18 cruise lines visiting Auckland, getting to the city by cruise ship couldn’t be easier.
- By Road: Within New Zealand, motorways and expressways connect Auckland to regions in the north and south, and throughout the wider Auckland region.
HOW TO GET AROUND AUCKLAND
- By Bus: Britomart Transport Centre is the city’s main transport hub and is located in downtown Auckland. It has frequent interval busses running all across Auckland.
- By Train: The city of Auckland is also well connected by rail.
- By Car: Renting a car is possible in Auckland. You need to have a valid driving license however.
- By Taxi: Hiring a taxi may prove costly but to explore distant places in Auckland Region, taxi is recommended.
- By Ferry: Hop on a local ferry or water taxi to discover some of Auckland’s most beautiful spots.
- By Cycle: Rent a bicycle and explore the city like never before!
Are you looking for a Auckland travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Auckland
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Auckland. The most preferred mode of transport in Auckland is Car.
Average distance: 17.27 km Average time: 40.67 min
Car 57.14%Driving 41.02 min Walking 0.4 min Waiting 0.08 min Overall average time for 23.03 kms 41.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.19%Bus 29.33 min Walking 6.17 min Waiting 5.08 min Train 1.42 min Overall average time for 10.33 kms 42 min
Bike 2.2%Bike 27.5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 9.5 kms 28.5 min
Walking 15.38%Walking 30.79 min Driving 5.21 min Waiting 1.07 min Tram 1.07 min Bus 0.71 min Overall average time for 4.32 kms 38.86 min
Motorbike 2.2%Motorbike 17 min Overall average time for 10 kms 17 min
Train/Metro 2.2%Train 40 min Walking 11 min Waiting 5 min Bus 3.5 min Overall average time for 15 kms 59.5 min
How to Reach Auckland from Nearby Cities
|Waimauku to Auckland||31.03 km||31 mins|
|Red hill to Auckland||33.99 km||33 mins|
|Hamilton to Auckland||118.13 km||1 hour 58 mins|
|Whangarei to Auckland||134.22 km||2 hours 14 mins|
|Matamata to Auckland||154.8 km||2 hours 34 mins|
|Tirau to Auckland||166.58 km||2 hours 46 mins|
|Putaruru to Auckland||174.16 km||2 hours 54 mins|
|Rotorua to Auckland||217.87 km||3 hours 37 mins|
|New plymouth to Auckland||254.76 km||4 hours 14 mins|
|Tongariro national park to Auckland||274.17 km||4 hours 34 mins|