- Address: Matakana, 0985, New Zealand, Auckland
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Village, Cafe, Restaurant, Theatre, Market, Family And Kids, Specialty Shop
Matakana Village - Review
Located 67 kilometres to the north of Auckland, Matakana Village is popular for its Saturday Farmers’ Market that sells artisan products and farm-fresh produce. The Matakana War Memorial pays tribute to 13 people from the village who lost there lives in the World War I.
The highlight of the small village is the Matakana School Gal festival and the Music Mountain Matakana music event that invites tourists from near and far. The small village has a number of theaters, cafes, restaurants and specialty shops that add to its charm. Do explore the markets and shops when you visit.
Matakana Village Ticket Prices
- Prices of individual attractions vary.
Matakana Village Opening and Closing Hours
- Recommended time of arrival is 9:00am to 12:00pm.
- Farmer’s Market hours: Every Saturday from 8:00am to 1:00pm.
- Timings of individual attractions vary.
How To reach Matakana Village by Public Transport
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Matakana Village
5.68% of people who visit Auckland include Matakana Village in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
71.26% of people start their Matakana Village visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Matakana Village
91.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Matakana Village
Matakana Village Map
Matakana Village Trips
Matakana Village, Auckland Reviews
All QuestionsMatakana village
- La Teñada
- Iglesia De Santa María Del Azogue
- Biblioteca Publica
- Iglesia De San Juan
- Conjunto Histórico Artístico De Valderas
- Plaza De Toros De Valderas
- Promocion Servicios Culturales Recreativos
- Bodega Casto Pequeño
- Ayuntamiento De Valderas
- Museo Parroquial De Valderas
- Bodega Vinos De La Ribera De La Cea S.coop
- Parroquia De Riudaura
- Castillo De Los Davila
- Antonia Pereda Diaz
- Castillo De Puente Del Congosto