Medlands Beach, AucklandCurrently Open
- Address: Great Barrier Island, New Zealand, Auckland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Trail, Camp, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Scuba, Fishing
About Medlands Beach, Auckland
Renowned for its surfing, camping, swimming, diving and fishing, Medlands beach is situated on the island of Great Barrier. It is situated around 90 kilometres from Auckland. It also offers walking trails with some of the most spectacular views of bush-clad mountains, hot thermal springs, rare native flora and fauna and historic sites.
Medlands Beach Information
- Carry an extra set of clothing with you.
Medlands Beach Ticket Prices
- Entry to the island in free. However, costs for travelling from and to Auckland, hiring beach sports gear and other expenses apply.
How To reach Medlands Beach by Public Transport
- Via Sunair Aviation
- Sealink Ferry
- Great Barrier Airlines
Restaurants Near Medlands Beach
- Carrying food with you is recommended.
- Restaurant at the government run lodge.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Medlands Beach, Auckland Reviews
Thanks all good best place on earth
Perfect location, very comfortable and convenient accommodation for family of 4. Comfy beds, friendly and welcoming hosts. Felt like a home away from home. Had a wonderful week staying here. Loved it!
Beautiful peaceful location