Motutapu Island17 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Motutapu Island, Auckland 1010, New Zealand Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, View Point, Nature
Motutapu Island is a heaven for wildlife and wildlife lovers. The island’s human habitation history dates back to 1190 AD when the Polynesians settled here. The island was inhabited by Maori for more than 100 years. Since after the World War, the small island has become a recreational hotspot with serene walking trails that offer close encounters with beautiful birds and animals along with the remnants of the battlements.
Do carry your camera to capture the place forever in your lens.
Motutapu Island Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and food with you.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
Entrance Ticket Details For Motutapu Island
- Contact Ferry operators for ferry prices.
Motutapu Island Hours
- Contact Ferry operators for timings of journey to the island.
How to Reach Motutapu Island
- By Ferry: Take a ferry form Aukland’s Ferry ports to Ferries dock on the island’s east coast.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Motutapu Island Address: Motutapu Island, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- Motutapu Island Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Motutapu Island: 05:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.3% of people who visit Auckland include Motutapu Island in their plan
75% of people start their Motutapu Island visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Motutapu Island
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Motutapu Island
People normally also visit Rangitoto Island while planning their trip to Motutapu Island.