Mount EdenCurrently Closed
- Address: Mount Eden Road, Auckland, New Zealand
- Timings: 07:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Family And Kids, Nature, Volcano
Mount Eden - Review
At 196 metres, Mount Eden, also known as Maungawhau, is the highest volcano in Auckland city. The summit to the top gives spectacular 360-degree views of Auckland and its harbours. Erupting about 15,000 years ago from three overlapping scoria cones, it formed a huge scoria mound with a central crater from the last eruption. Walk to the top of Mount Eden’s volcanic cone for some of the best views in Auckland.
Mount Eden Information
- Carrying snacks with you is recommended.
- Picnic tables are available at the venue.
- A lot of hiking is required.
Mount Eden Ticket Prices
- Visit is free.
How To reach Mount Eden by Public Transport
- By Train station: Grafton
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mount Eden
95% of people who visit Auckland include Mount Eden in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
30.71% of people start their Mount Eden visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Mount Eden
94.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Eden