Mount Eden, AucklandCurrently Open [Closes at 08:30 pm]
- Address: Mount Eden Road, Auckland, New Zealand
- Timings: 07:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Family And Kids, Nature, Volcano
About Mount Eden, Auckland
At 196 metres, Mount Eden, also known as Maungawhau, is the highest volcano in Auckland city. The summit to the top gives spectacular 360-degree views of Auckland and its harbours. Erupting about 15,000 years ago from three overlapping scoria cones, it formed a huge scoria mound with a central crater from the last eruption. Walk to the top of Mount Eden’s volcanic cone for some of the best views in Auckland.
Mount Eden Information
- Carrying snacks with you is recommended.
- Picnic tables are available at the venue.
- A lot of hiking is required.
Mount Eden Ticket Prices
- Visit is free.
How To reach Mount Eden by Public Transport
- By Train station: Grafton
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.