Mt William WalkwayCurrently Open
- Address: McMillan Rd, Mangatawhiri 2471, New Zealand, Auckland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Hiking Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Mt William Walkway - Review
Heavenly blankets of green grass that cover gorgeous hills and embrace a variety of native trees, shrubs and ferns, and you have a soulful walk as you hike along the Mt William Walkway.
You are sure to come across many ‘photo-perfect’ views all along the way and with the sun shining brightly, be sure to stop by at the summit to have a hearty picnic. The best part about the place is that it can be enjoyed by amateur as well as professional hikers.
Mt William Walkway Information
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
- Do download the trail brochure available online to know what to avoid and to know safety instructions.
Mt William Walkway Opening and Closing Hours
- Track may be closed for lambing from 1st August to 1st October.
How To reach Mt William Walkway by Public Transport
- By Bus: Pokeno (Auckland) (4.7 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mt William Walkway
1.33% of people who visit Auckland include Mt William Walkway in their plan
26.79% of people start their Mt William Walkway visit around 4 PM
4 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 4 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Mt William Walkway
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mt William Walkway
Mt William Walkway Map
Mt William Walkway Trips
Mt William Walkway, Auckland Reviews
Easy walk though very muddy today with a nice view complete with sheep and cows.
The best thing about this place that is not too popular, so if you're looking for a total silence on New Zealand hills and feel the spirit of this countryside, this place is a must go.
Nice walk through farm land up to the trig however the other side once into the bush was mainly mud and very slippery and dangerous.
Fabulous views. Be prepared for a steep climb and loads of mud. Worth the climb.
Awesome view at the summit. Both walks are great, from McMillan Road and Puketutu Road ends. Tracks closed during lambing season.
All QuestionsMt william walkway
- Childs Gabriele Studio & Gallery
- Friendship United Methodist
- Waterproof Charts
- H. W. Smith Building
- Holidaze Boat & Jet Ski Rental
- Charlotte Harbor Charter Company
- Jesus Christ Ministries
- Cigar House
- Spirited Wings Of Faith Outreach Ministry
- Don Ryer Music
- Epc Ministry
- Church Of The Nazarene
- Lisette Lewis Art Studio
- Longdale Mobile Plaza
- Sew Nautical Boat Interiors