Mt William WalkwayCurrently Open
- Address: McMillan Rd, Mangatawhiri 2471, New Zealand, Auckland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Hiking Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Heavenly blankets of green grass that cover gorgeous hills and embrace a variety of native trees, shrubs and ferns, and you have a soulful walk as you hike along the Mt William Walkway.
You are sure to come across many ‘photo-perfect’ views all along the way and with the sun shining brightly, be sure to stop by at the summit to have a hearty picnic. The best part about the place is that it can be enjoyed by amateur as well as professional hikers.
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
- Do download the trail brochure available online to know what to avoid and to know safety instructions.
- Track may be closed for lambing from 1st August to 1st October.
- By Bus: Pokeno (Auckland) (4.7 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.56% of people who visit Auckland include Mt William Walkway in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
33.33% of people start their Mt William Walkway visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Mt William Walkway
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mt William Walkway
Have only done it from the pokeno side but it was amazing. It's very hard but totally worth it.
Great nature run
Went though after a wet weekend, there was alot of mud on the tracks that need work. Part of track ate closed due to lambing season
Easy walk though very muddy today with a nice view complete with sheep and cows.
The best thing about this place that is not too popular, so if you're looking for a total silence on New Zealand hills and feel the spirit of this countryside, this place is a must go.