Rangitoto Island, Auckland
Rangitoto Island, Auckland - Address
Address: Rangitoto Island, near Auckland, New Zealand
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 28.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Island, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Rangitoto Island, Auckland
Situated around 25 minutes from Auckland by ferry, Rangitoto is the largest and youngest island in the Auckland volcanic field. It erupted in the sea in a series of explosions around 600 years ago, and is now extinct. The island is uninhabited and is a favourite destination for hikers, trekkers and explorers. Many people also go to the island on a guided kayaking adventure trip.
One of the most stunning locations in Auckland, New Zealand, Rangitoto Island offers you a communion with nature. Due to this, Rangitoto Island is a popular attraction to visit. Although you can explore this attraction on your own, it is always better to book tickets for Rangitoto Island tours with us for a better experience. From Rangitoto Island tickets to transport, we arrange everything for you. If you buy tickets for Rangitoto Island tours in time, chances are that you might get Rangitoto Island ticket prices at discounted rates. Getting tickets for Rangitoto Island was never that easy!
Rangitoto Island Information
- The Rangitoto Island is a pest free island. Kindly check your bags, clothing and shoes for seeds, dirt, any insects or skinks, mice and rats before travelling to the island.
- No restaurants present on the island. Carry sufficient food and snacks with you.
- Limited drinking water. Carrying your own water bottles in advised.
- Don't forget to wear a cap/hat and comfortable walking shoes.
- Littering on the island is a punishable offence.
Rangitoto Island Ticket Prices
Ferry Ticket Prices:
- Adult $30
- Child $15
- Family $75
Rangitoto Island Opening and Closing Hours
- A day time visit to this island is recommended.
Ferries leave from the Auckland ferry terminal at the below timings:
- Monday to Friday 9:15 am, 10:30 am, 12:15 pm, 1:30 pm.
- Saturdays, Sunday and Public Holidays 7:30 am, 9:15 am, 10:30 am, 12:15 pm, and 1:30 pm.
- Ferries leave from the Rangitoto Wharf at the below timings: Monday to Sunday and public holidays 12:45 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:30 pm and 5:00 pm.
How To reach Rangitoto Island by Public Transport
- Ferry from Auckland Ferry Terminal
Restaurants Near Rangitoto Island
- No eateries on the island. Carrying snacks with you is advised.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rangitoto Island Aerial Tours
Rangitoto Island Cruises
Rangitoto Island Food & Nightlife Tours
Rangitoto Island Sightseeing Tours
Rangitoto Island, Auckland Reviews
The only reason I'm not giving this ful marks is because I wish there was some more seats along the way and some shade sails or similar on the summit (though I do understand the difficulty etc). If you're just doing the summit walk, expect to take roughly an hour there and an hour back again. Wear good shoes for walking, snacks and drink (BUT DONT LEAVE YOUR RUBBISH!!!) and sunblock. There are other walks, so plan a full day if you want to see and do more.
Best to go during the weekend and book an early bird ticket. Lower price and you will have a lot more time on the island. Departure times are restricted during the week.
Beautiful day. Stunning views
Must see in Auckland, pretty young 600 y.o. volcano with amazing view from summit. You can find there caves, nature also Kiwi birds. The track is easy to walk.
Spent the whole day exploring the island, check out the lava tubes.
- Attractions on TripHobo
- Granica Wsi Krylatka I Lasu
- Tyler City Pent Church Of God
- Droitwich Methodist Church Centre
- Parrocchia S. Antonino Oratorio Paolo Vi
- The Bridge Church
- Armed Forces Baptist Military Center
- Temple Protestant De L'eglise Unie Les Mages
- Gemeinschaft Der Eucharistiner Neubrand Siegfried Pfarrer
- Blyth Town Fc
- Faro De Ribadesella