Situated around 25 minutes from Auckland by ferry, Rangitoto is the largest and youngest island in the Auckland volcanic field. It erupted in the sea in a series of explosions around 600 years ago, and is now extinct. The island is uninhabited and is a favourite destination for hikers, trekkers and explorers. Many people also go to the island on a guided kayaking adventure trip.
One of the most stunning locations in Auckland, New Zealand, Rangitoto Island offers you a communion with nature. Due to this, Rangitoto Island is a popular attraction to visit. Although you can explore this attraction on your own, it is always better to book tickets for Rangitoto Island tours with us for a better experience. From Rangitoto Island tickets to transport, we arrange everything for you. If you buy tickets for Rangitoto Island tours in time, chances are that you might get Rangitoto Island ticket prices at discounted rates. Getting tickets for Rangitoto Island was never that easy!
Rangitoto Island Travel Tips
- The Rangitoto Island is a pest free island. Kindly check your bags, clothing and shoes for seeds, dirt, any insects or skinks, mice and rats before travelling to the island.
- No restaurants present on the island. Carry sufficient food and snacks with you.
- Limited drinking water. Carrying your own water bottles in advised.
- Don't forget to wear a cap/hat and comfortable walking shoes.
- Littering on the island is a punishable offence.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rangitoto Island
Ferry Ticket Prices:
- Adult $30
- Child $15
- Family $75
Rangitoto Island Hours
- A day time visit to this island is recommended.
Ferries leave from the Auckland ferry terminal at the below timings:
- Monday to Friday 9:15 am, 10:30 am, 12:15 pm, 1:30 pm.
- Saturdays, Sunday and Public Holidays 7:30 am, 9:15 am, 10:30 am, 12:15 pm, and 1:30 pm.
- Ferries leave from the Rangitoto Wharf at the below timings: Monday to Sunday and public holidays 12:45 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:30 pm and 5:00 pm.
How to Reach Rangitoto Island
- Ferry from Auckland Ferry Terminal
- No eateries on the island. Carrying snacks with you is advised.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
62.76% of people who visit Auckland include Rangitoto Island in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
35.77% of people start their Rangitoto Island visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Rangitoto Island
62.99% of people prefer walking in order to reach Rangitoto Island