Tiritiri Matangi Island2936 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Auckland Central, Auckland, New Zealand
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 70 NZD
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Wildlife Sanctuary , View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
The Tiritiri Matangi Island is a wildlife sanctuary and is home to one of New Zealand's most important conservation projects. Located around 30 kilometres from central Auckland, the Island is 60% forested and the remaining 40% is left as grassland for species preferring open habitat. While on your exploration of the island, don’t forget to visit the infamous lighthouse.
Tiritiri Matangi Island Travel Tips
- No food available for purchase on the island.
- Carrying your own food packs is recommended.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Ferry Ticket Prices: Adults- $70, Children (5-15)- $40
- Guided walk: Additional amount of $5 per adult and $2.50 per child.
Tiritiri Matangi Island Hours
- Departure from Auckland Pier: 9am
- Departure from Tiritiri Matangi Island: 3.30pm
How to Reach Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Ferry from Auckland Pier.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
56.6% of people who visit Auckland include Tiritiri Matangi Island in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
44.67% of people start their Tiritiri Matangi Island visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Tiritiri Matangi Island
68.36% of people prefer walking in order to reach Tiritiri Matangi Island