Tiritiri Matangi Island

Currently Open
  • Address: Army Bay, Whangaparaoa, New Zealand, Auckland
    Map
  • Timings: 24-hrs Details
  • Ticket Price: 70 NZD
  • Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
  • Tags: Island, Wildlife Sanctuary , View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
Tickets From $50.96

The Tiritiri Matangi Island is a wildlife sanctuary and is home to one of New Zealand's most important conservation projects. Located around 30 kilometres from central Auckland, the Island is 60% forested and the remaining 40% is left as grassland for species preferring open habitat. While on your exploration of the island, don’t forget to visit the infamous lighthouse.

  • No food available for purchase on the island.
  • Carrying your own food packs is recommended.

  • Ferry Ticket Prices: Adults- $70, Children (5-15)- $40
  • Guided walk: Additional amount of $5 per adult and $2.50 per child.

Ferry Timings:

  • Departure from Auckland Pier: 9am
  • Departure from Tiritiri Matangi Island: 3.30pm

  • Ferry from Auckland Pier.

Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.

Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.

  • Tiritiri Matangi Island Address: Army Bay, Whangaparaoa, New Zealand, Auckland
  • Tiritiri Matangi Island Timing: 24-hrs
  • Tiritiri Matangi Island Price: 70 NZD
  • Best time to visit Tiritiri Matangi Island(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
  • Time required to visit Tiritiri Matangi Island: 06:00 Hrs
  • Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
Are you associated with this business? Get in Touch
  • 65.26% of people who visit Auckland include Tiritiri Matangi Island in their plan

  • 44.67% of people start their Tiritiri Matangi Island visit around 08 AM - 09 AM

  • People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Tiritiri Matangi Island

Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday

68.36% of people prefer walking in order to reach Tiritiri Matangi Island

People normally club together Cornwall Park and Rangitoto Island while planning their visit to Tiritiri Matangi Island.

People also prefer to start their day with Tiritiri Matangi Island.

* The facts given above are based on traveler data on TripHobo and might vary from the actual figures
Google+
  • Magic place to be. Beautiful walks and sandy beaches. We swim and fish a lot around this island. Amazing Anchorage. Always so calm minus the swells that some in otherwise so clam and bay is always full. So get in early.

  • I love this island! If you have never been before, it’s a must see Auckland attraction! Make sure to pack a lunch and some sunblock!

  • Beautiful day. Amazing to see the native flora & fauna! Loved our guide and even had a send off from dolphins. Good for many fitness levels.

  • One of the best places I've ever been. Amazing birds, including the North Island Kokako, Little Spotted Kiwi or the Stitch bird. Also, plenty of native flora and great landscapes. A great example of how nature with a little bit of management can recover degradantes areas. For a full experience, I recommend staying overnight (it is the only way to see the Little Spotted Kiwi).

  • What Auckland must have been like before development. A must do for all visitors. Easy walking and prolific bird life. Great beach to relax and cool off. Cafe pretty good too.

Read all reviews