Waiheke Island, Auckland
About Waiheke Island, Auckland
Waiheke Island, Auckland - Address
Address: Waiheke, New Zealand
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 41.1K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Island, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located around 17 kilometres from Auckland, the Waiheke Island is the second largest island in the Hauraki Gulf of New Zealand. Spread across approximately 19 kilometres (west to east), the island is also called a ‘homeland of artists’. The island boasts art galleries, quaint cafes, pristine beaches and more than a dozen vineyards. Also well-known is the Connells Bay Sculpture Park.
Waiheke Island Ticket Prices
- A day time visit to this island is recommended.
Waiheke Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Entry is free.
How To reach Waiheke Island by Public Transport
- Passenger and Car ferry services to Waiheke are available from Auckland.
- Waiheke based helicopter operator.
Restaurants Near Waiheke Island
- Mudbrick Restaurant and Vineyard
- Vino Vino Restaurant and Bar
- Stefano’s Pizzeria
- Te Matuku Bay Oysters
- The Shed
- Casita Miro
- Peacock Sky Vineyard
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Waiheke Island, Auckland Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Bert Henham Park
- Panmure Wharf Reserve
- Kakamatua Inlet
- Feijoa Forest
- Cox's Bay Reserve
- Holiday Parks In New Zealand
- Harker Reserve (vivian Falls)
- Franklin Zoo & Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kell Park
- Eden Garden
- Auckland Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Auckland
- What to See in 48 Hours in Auckland
- What to See in 72 Hours in Auckland
- How to Spend 5 Days in Auckland
- How to Spend 6 Days in Auckland
- How to Spend 7 Days in Auckland