Waitawa Regional Park8 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2585, 1168 Clevedon-Kawakawa Rd, Kawakawa Bay, Auckland 2585, New Zealand
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, View Point, Walking Area
Whether you love to walk, hike or mountain bike, the Waitawa Regional Park offers a beautiful landscape with picturesque views, tranquil walkways and an almost untouched terrain. The mountains along with the quaint beach offers a truly off-the-beaten-track experience.
Take a walk to the Pawhetau headland or explore the Pakihi and Ponui Islands that can be accessed by kayaking. For casual visitors, the place is perfect for a small picnic.
Waitawa Regional Park Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
- Wearing sunscreen will help to protect from the sun.
Entrance Ticket Details For Waitawa Regional Park
- Admission to the place is Free.
Waitawa Regional Park Hours
- Pedestrian access: Open 24 hours
- Summer gate opening hours: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm (Daylight savings)
- Winter gate opening hours: 6:00 am - 7:00 pm (Non daylight savings)
How to Reach Waitawa Regional Park
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Auckland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Auckland and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.13% of people who visit Auckland include Waitawa Regional Park in their plan
50% of people start their Waitawa Regional Park visit around 11 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Waitawa Regional Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Waitawa Regional Park
People normally also visit Tapapakanga Regional Park while planning their trip to Waitawa Regional Park.