Daulatabad FortCurrently Closed
- Address: Daulatabad, Aurangabad- 431001, Maharashtra, India.
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2402343169
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Ancient Ruin, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Fort
Daulatabad Fort - Review
This is a majestic fort that was built in the 14th century. The name means ‘Abode of Wealth’. It was one of the most powerful forts of its time. The fort stands on a high conical hill and is surrounded by steep hills on all the sides. It is also known that apart from the natural protection, the walls of the fort were also made of several layers to make it even more difficult for attackers of those times. The entrance has a series of gateways with strong horn work. The lofty, zigzag walls are defended by bastions. These parts were designed especially for artilleries and there are also gateways with iron spikes to escape from elephant attacks successfully. The next gateway is protected by strong towers and also a conical tower which is now almost in ruins. There is also a beautiful minaret here known as the ‘Chand Minar’. The third wall is much higher and steep and has a difficult to approach entrance with a trench below an unusually designed bridge over it. As you go further you will find 5the remnants of the Chini Mahal which was made of coloured tiles. There is also a canon placed beside this since the time of Aurangazeb and has since been known as ‘Menda Top’.
The main entrance has a flight of steps leading to a narrow tunnel which at the end opens like a prison door on wheels. History says that, there was a facility of smoke discharge to distract any enemy who would try to enter the fort through a tunnel. There was some rock which would get rubbed with the door opening friction and thus would ignite and cause the smoke to come out.
It was Mubarak Shah who named this place as Daulatabad.
Daulatabad Fort Information
- The fort is a little steep climb so be ready for a little physical stress.
Daulatabad Fort Ticket Prices
- Rs. 100 for non Indians.
How To reach Daulatabad Fort by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Aurangabad Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Aurangabad railway station.
- Hourly shuttle buses from Aurangabad ply to Daulatabad, which is 12 km away.
Restaurants Near Daulatabad Fort
- Maharaja Restaurant
- Kailash Hotel
- Ellora Restaurant
- Shanjini Restaurant
- Shivani Restaurant
- Akash Restaurant
- Dishan Family Garden Restaurant
- New Mayur Family Garden Restaurant
- Suruchi Dhaba
- Crystal Bar And Restaurant
- Hotel Anand Restaurant
- Sai Ram Dhaba
- Tinus Dhaba
- Zoom Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aurangabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aurangabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Daulatabad Fort
95% of people who visit Aurangabad include Daulatabad Fort in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
57.83% of people start their Daulatabad Fort visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Daulatabad Fort
93.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Daulatabad Fort
Daulatabad Fort Map
Daulatabad Fort Trips
Daulatabad Fort, Aurangabad Reviews
All QuestionsDaulatabad fort
- The Whisky Shop Dufftown
- Dufftown Distillery Walk
- Nairn Beach Lochloy Holiday Park
- Mortlach Primary School
- Keith & Dufftown Railway Association
- Dufftown Library
- Joseph Brown & Sons
- Dufftown Tourist Information Centre
- Ballyhalbert Caravan Park
- Kingfisher Upvc South Wales
- D D Racing
- Green Lawn Social Club
- Schools Literacy & Resource Centre
- Helen O'Grady Childrens Drama Academy
- Pontypool & New Inn Railway Station