Events and Festivals in Aurangabad
- February: Shiv Jayanti: On 19th February, the city celebrates the birthday of beloved Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj!
- March: Ajanta Ellora Festival: It is a classical dance festival organized with the famous caves as a backdrop. Gudi Padwa: Gudi Padwa is the New Year’s Day in Marathi Panchang. Gudis are erected in houses and sweets are prepared.
- April: Paithan Yatra: Paithan Yatra is a pilgrimage journey where devotees gather to pay their homage to Saint Eknath.
- May: Maharashtra Din: 1st May is Maharashtra day as well as Labour Day. Budhha Jayanti: It is celebrated in the Lunar month of Vaisakh. It is an important festival in Aurangabad because of its long association with Buddhism.
- July: Janmashtami: Exhilarating ‘Dahi Handi’ competitions are a treat to watch during Janmashtami.
- September: Ganeshostav: This cultural festival is celebrated in Maharashtra on a large scale and with a lot of enthusiasm! It originated here and following the traditions a lot socially constructive programs take place in September.
- October: Dasara: Experience Dasara with a Maharashtrian spin in Aurangabad. Goddess Saraswati is worshipped in schools, huge feasts are laid out and huge effigies of Ravana, the demon king are burnt in grounds.
- November: Diwali: Diwali is a festival synonymous with Joy in India. This festival of light is when the whole city relaxes and spends times with their families.
- December: New Year’s Eve: New Year’s Eve one of annual party bashes in Aurangabad. The Aurangabad Festival: The Aurangabad festival is celebrated to explore the hidden talents in this heritage rich city.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Aurangabad
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Aurangabad
Save 4%Aurangabad Private Tour: Ajanta And Ellora Caves Sightseeing Day Tour5 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
This private tour in Aurangabad will take you to visit Ajanta's wondrous cave temples are cut the rocky sides into of a drama...
Save 10%Aurangabad Private 3-Day Tour with the Ajanta and Ellora CavesNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Days
Explore the fascinating city of Aurangabad along with two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Ajanta Caves and the Ellora Caves,...
Save 5%Private Tour: Ellora Caves, Daulatabad Fort, Bibi Ka Maqbara, Grishneshwar Jyotirling Temple and Panchakki from AurangabadNew on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Days
Join us for the private tour to Ellora with the famous rock cut caves temples of Ellora that depicts the Hindu, Buddhist and ...
Save 5%Private Tour: Ajanta Caves Day Tour in Aurangabad3 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
This private tour will take you to visit Ajanta's wondrous cave temples, a World Heritage site, that cut the rocks into a dra...