Events and Festivals in Aurangabad, India
Events and Festivals in Aurangabad
- February: Shiv Jayanti: On 19th February, the city celebrates the birthday of beloved Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj!
- March: Ajanta Ellora Festival: It is a classical dance festival organized with the famous caves as a backdrop. Gudi Padwa: Gudi Padwa is the New Year’s Day in Marathi Panchang. Gudis are erected in houses and sweets are prepared.
- April: Paithan Yatra: Paithan Yatra is a pilgrimage journey where devotees gather to pay their homage to Saint Eknath.
- May: Maharashtra Din: 1st May is Maharashtra day as well as Labour Day. Budhha Jayanti: It is celebrated in the Lunar month of Vaisakh. It is an important festival in Aurangabad because of its long association with Buddhism.
- July: Janmashtami: Exhilarating ‘Dahi Handi’ competitions are a treat to watch during Janmashtami.
- September: Ganeshostav: This cultural festival is celebrated in Maharashtra on a large scale and with a lot of enthusiasm! It originated here and following the traditions a lot socially constructive programs take place in September.
- October: Dasara: Experience Dasara with a Maharashtrian spin in Aurangabad. Goddess Saraswati is worshipped in schools, huge feasts are laid out and huge effigies of Ravana, the demon king are burnt in grounds.
- November: Diwali: Diwali is a festival synonymous with Joy in India. This festival of light is when the whole city relaxes and spends times with their families.
- December: New Year’s Eve: New Year’s Eve one of annual party bashes in Aurangabad. The Aurangabad Festival: The Aurangabad festival is celebrated to explore the hidden talents in this heritage rich city.
Trip plans for Aurangabad
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Aurangabad
Aurangabad Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Aurangabad
Save 7%Ajanta Caves Independent Day Trip from Aurangabad City New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
The Ajanta Caves are a UNESCO world heritage site discovered by accident in 1819. See the 30 different caves that served as a...
Save 9%The Famous Ajanta Caves - A World Heritage Site Tour with Private Transfer New on TripHobo
Duration: 6 Hrs
The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ajanta contains thirty carved Buddhist caves overlooking a scenic gorge. You will have a gu...
Save 8%A Visit to the Fascinating Ellora Caves from Aurangabad New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
The Ellora caves, locally known as Verul Leni are located about 18 miles north northwest of Aurangabad. Ellora is one of the ...
Save 12%Buddhist Caves of Ajanta Ellora New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Days
Aurangabad is a city in theAurangabad districtofMaharashtrastate in India. The city is a tourism hub, surrounded by many hist...
- Events & Festivals in Saputara
- Events & Festivals in Burhanpur
- Events & Festivals in Pune
- Events & Festivals in Lonavala
- Events & Festivals in Matheran
- Events & Festivals in Maheshwar
- Events & Festivals in Daman
- Events & Festivals in Mumbai
- Events & Festivals in Omkareshwar
- Events & Festivals in Agra
- Events & Festivals in Leh
- Events & Festivals in Delhi
- Events & Festivals in Amritsar
- Events & Festivals in Chennai
- Events & Festivals in Jaipur