Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Verul, Aurangabad- 431001, Maharashtra, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture
Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple - Review
The significance of linga is portrayed in the Shivapurana – check out the story online before you visit.
Halfway up the temple, the Dashavatara are carved beautifully with red sandstone. There are also other beautiful statues carved inside the temple. The main hall is built based on 24 pillars and all the pillars and the walls are intricately carved. The scenes depicted look stunning. The innermost worship hall also called ‘garbagriha’ has the Jyotirlinga facing the east. In the court there is a gorgeous idol of Nandikeshwara also. The idols and statues in this temple are made in a very different way and have an exclusive look which is not found in any other temple anywhere in the whole world.
Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple Information
- The morning and evening aarti timings are the ideal times to visit the temple.
- Photography is allowed free of any extra cost here.
How To reach Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Aurangabad Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Aurangabad railway station.
- Take a bus/taxi to the temple from Aurangabad, which is 27 km away.
Restaurants Near Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple
- Maharaja Restaurant
- Kailash Hotel
- Ellora Restaurant
- Shanjini Restaurant
- Shivani Restaurant
- Akash Restaurant
- Dishan Family Garden Restaurant
- New Mayur Family Garden Restaurant
- Suruchi Dhaba
- Crystal Bar And Restaurant
- Hotel Anand Restaurant
- Sai Ram Dhaba
- Tinus Dhaba
- Zoom Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aurangabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aurangabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple
90.52% of people who visit Aurangabad include Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
46.67% of people start their Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple