Soneri MahalCurrently Closed
- Address: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad- 431001, Maharashtra, India.
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2402343169
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture
This building is situated in the suburbs of Aurangabad. The name is derived from the fact that this palace was decorated with paintings of gold, which have all disappeared now. This was the residence of the king of Ichha who helped Aurangzeb to conquer Dakhan. This majestic palace, built is a Rajput Style had cut plaster and five lion decoration like gleaming mirrors. The grandeur is long lost. The gateway is there but the compound wall has disappeared into ruins.
This palace is where the Ajanta and Ellora cave festivals are now held. Many famous artistes, dancers and musicians come here for the four day long festival which lets you enjoy the complete experience of Aurangabad. At this time of the year the palace is decorated like a bride with lots of shining lights and decorations all over. It looks as if it is a grand celebration going on here. At this time only you can also enjoy the beautiful panoramic view of the surrounding scenery here.
The festival here showcases the talent of experts in the field of classical and folk dances and also pure classical and folk musicians who come here to perform. This is the festival that was used to be celebrated in the Ellora caves before.
- Photography is allowed without any extra charge here.
- The best time to visit is during November as the festival is held during this time.
- Rs 50 for regular show passes.
- Rs 150 for season show passes.
- Rs 500 for donor passes.
- Rs 10 for Indian citizens.
- Rs 100 for foreigners
- The nearest airport is the Aurangabad Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Aurangabad railway station.
- Manoj Restaurant
- Tazeera Rstaurant
- Pawa Spot Chinese
- Chines Griu Fast Food
- Sagar Restaurant
- Mughal Corner
- Ismail Darbar Restaurant
- Priya Restaurant
- Sardar Restaurant
- Swad Restaurant
- National Deluxe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aurangabad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aurangabad and book an accommodation of your choice.
52.41% of people who visit Aurangabad include Soneri Mahal in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
69.05% of people start their Soneri Mahal visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Soneri Mahal
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Soneri Mahal