Are you looking for what to do in Aurangabad?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN AURANGABAD
- The Ajanta caves depict Buddhist stories from 200 BC to 650 AD. They were discovered in 19th century by British hunters. Tales from the Jataka stories are depicted in the Cave sculptures. They symbolize the evolution of Buddhism as a religion.
- Ellora caves on the other hand blend Buddhism, Jainism and Hinduism. They were constructed in 350 AD to 700 AD. With breathtaking designs and intricate structures, Ellora caves have very elablorate architectural structures.
- Other attractions not usually prominently figured in tourist information in Aurangabad are the Ghrineshwar temple, the Daulatabad fort, Bibi ka Makbara, Panchakki water mill, Aurangabad Caves, Soneri Mahal, Babasaheb Ambedkar history museum, Chhatrapati Shivaji museum and the Lonar meteor crater.
- Paithan is a historical town near Aurangabad known for its exquisite Saris. Paithani saris are a part of a typical Maharashtrian celebration. Traditional weaving centres and the Gautala Wildlife sanctuary are also places of interest in this area.
TOURIST ATTACTIONS IN AURANGABAD
- Ajanta Caves
- Ellora Caves
- Daulatabad Fort
- Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple
- Bhadra Maruti
- Bibi Ka Maqbara
- Aurangabad Caves,
- Soneri Mahal,
- History Museum
- Lonar Meteor
- Gautala Wildlife Sanctuary
- Siddharth Garden
Below we have a list of things to do in Aurangabad and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Aurangabad getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Aurangabad with confidence.