How to Reach Austin
How to reach Austin
- By Air: The Austin Bergstrom International Airport is 10 kilometers southeast of the city center and is served by most major carriers. From the Austin Texas airport, there are numerous modes of transport including taxis, shuttles and car rentals that will take you to your hotel. Some of the planes that travel to Austin are Aeromar, Alaska Airlines, American, British Airways, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, United, US Airways and Virgin America. Most flights to Austin from outside USA will fly via the UK and the Middle East so book your tickets according to what is most convenient.
- By Rail: Austin Amtrak station, 250 North Lamar Blvd. This railway line is served by the Texas Eagle Line with service from Chicago to San Antonio.
- By Bus: There are numerous buses to Austin from San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and Mexico. Some notable bus services are Megabus, Autobus Americanos and Greyhound Bus Line.
- On Foot: If you aren’t fit, this isn’t advisable. Austin is a huge city, though you could explore much of downtown Austin by walking around. If you’re visiting the University of Texas campus, it’s better to go walking because it’s almost impossible to find a place to park.
- By Bike: Austin transportation is facilitated by a cool ride! Biking is a great way to get around Austin. The city is hilly towards the west and mildly sloping towards the river towards the center of the town. Most roads have an adjoining bike path. May to mid October is very warm and humid and you might prefer a shaded means of getting around but during the rest of the year, you’ll find the weather biker-friendly. You can contact Yellow Bike Project (512-457-9880), Austin B-Cycle, and Bicycle Sports Shop – Bike Rentals (512-477-3472) to rent a bike.
- By Bus: The city runs on a system of inexpensive public buses and travel Austin via bus for a cheap option. Visitors can get around on the Captail Metro buses, as well as the Capital Metro Rail commuter train. ‘E-Bus’ and ‘Night Owl’ are at your services if you want to go clubbing and need a ride home in the wee hours of the night.
- By Car: If you’re used to driving around a big city, then you’ll find driving in Austin pretty easy. Traffic is heavy during 0700-0900am and 1530 to 1900pm. car2go and Zip Car arecar shares active in Austin and are both great for quick trips around town. NEVER drive through flooded low water crossings.
- By Taxi: The Austin travel guide suggests several taxi companies you can call and this is probably the most hassle free way to travel around the city, other than the bus. Call the Yellow Cab (512-452-9999) or the Austin Cab Company (512-478-2222) to hire a cab.
- Square Patrol: The Square Patrol offers a free designated driver service between 2200pm and 3am seven days a week. Call or text 512-R-U-DRUNK (512-783-7865) and leave your phone number, they will call you back immediately and ask for your location. This service requires you to have your own car, they only provide driver.
Modes of Transportation in Austin
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Austin. The most preferred mode of transport in Austin is Car.
Average distance: 22.9 km Average time: 38.64 min
Car 85.07%Driving 34.91 min Walking 0.04 min Overall average time for 24.47 kms 34.95 min
Bike 2.99%Bike 19.5 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 5.97 kms 20 min
Walking 5.97%Walking 85 min Driving 15.25 min Overall average time for 13.77 kms 100.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 1.49%Bus 20 min Waiting 10 min Walking 10 min Overall average time for 4.02 kms 40 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Le Claire
- How To Reach Biloxi
- How To Reach Custer
- How To Reach Wisconsin Dells
- How To Reach Richmond
- How To Reach Santa Barbara
- How To Reach Bangor
- How To Reach Chapel Hill
- How To Reach Ojai
- How To Reach San Antonio
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.