Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail2412 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lady Bird Lake, First Street Bridge at Lady Bird Lake, Austin, TX 78701 (South Austin), United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 512-9746700
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Park, View Point, Biking Trail, Bridge, Walking Area, Statue, Entertainment, Performance, Concert, Family And Kids, Lake, Fountain, Nature, Green House
Runners, walkers and cyclists: unite! The Lady Bird Lake Hike-and-Bike- Trail is 10 miles of green grass, lean trees and wide roads. The Trail is one of the most popular spots in the city, with visitors being drawn by excellent views of downtown Austin and the sparkling and pristine waters of Lady Bird Lake. The park is full of health enthusiasts and nature lovers working up a sweat and then cooling off with a swim afterwards. There are just enough people to keep you company but not too many, so don’t worry, you’ll have all the space you need.
The Trail is one of the oldest hike-and-bike paths in Austin, and is the city’s longest trail created for non-motorized traffic. It was built by the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department and its cleanliness and beauty is avidly maintained by a local non-profit organization called The Trail Foundation.
Its smooth surface is made of crushed granite and handy little bridge helps runners travel over the Lake. You can slip on your sneakers and start under the MoPac bridge on the southern side of the lake. The sight of vast soccer fields will greet you as you make your way to the heart of Zilker Park, so will the popular ‘Zilker Train’. Quench your thirst at the public water fountain and continue your journey and you’ll soon start to see lush, vibrant trees. The trail will start going southwards and you’ll be treated to the sight of happy ducks being fed and soon, you’ll approach Congress Avenue. The park area stretches along the shore and is titled ‘Auditorium Shores’.
This venue is special for music lovers as it’s home to a lifelike statue of the great Stevie Ray Vaughn and numerous concerts are held here throughout the year. From here, you’ll see a crossover point, from where you can head back or, if you’re feeling especially energetic, you can keep going from the other side of Congress. This track is perfect for all things athletic, as well as just a stroll on a cool evening day. Whether you want to reflect by the pond, take your bike out for a run or loosen up those muscles, you’ll be glad you visited the Hike and Bike trail.
Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail Travel Tips
- You can visit this place around 10:00 am.
- There are marathons and different runs that take place.
- You can rent a kayak or a paddle board, or take a boat tour, or just sit and enjoy watching the boats on the lake.
- You can rent electric bikes from Rocket Electrics and ride the bike trail.
- There are clean bathroom facilities and plenty of space where kids can burn off energy.
- Make sure you fill up on water before you get past Lamar heading on the southside toward the Longhorn Dam because there is no water and no bathroom until you get all the way past the boardwalk to S.Lakeshore.
How to Reach Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- By bike: Yellow Bike Project, Phone- 512-457-9880, Bicycle Sports Shop - Bike Rentals, Phone- 512-477-3472.
- By taxi: Yellow Cab, Phone: 512-452-9999. website includes fare estimator and online booking.
- You can travel Austin by car and taxi as well.
- Visit the Capital Metro website in order to view their trip planner, where you can search for public transport options between any two points in Austin.
- CU29 Libations
- Driskill Hotel Restaurant
- The Deli Downstairs
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Austin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Austin and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.81% of people who visit Austin include Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
54.51% of people start their Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
94.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail Reviews & Ratings
This trail is a perfect picture perfect Austin. It is calm and so well kept. The bay bridge is a must see and there is so much community here too.
I looove this spot! Whenever I bring people who have never been to ATX this is a must for me! Gorgeous sceneries and if you’re in town after a road-trip its a great place to spread your legs. Its an amazing place to take pictures too! And is pet friendly which us an A++++ for me! Theres not a lot of after-hours light, so be sure to return to your car when there’s still daylight or to have your phone charged enough for the flashlight.
Great location for downtown residents to hang out, re-charge, exercise, and be with the company of others and pets as well.
Nice place to relax outdoor, socialize, and enjoy the company of dogs and owners alike.
This trail which runs around the lake from downtown is a perfect excursion on foot or bike. The scenery it beautiful and filled with vegetation, industrial bridges, and views of the skyline of the city. The path is well groomed and maintained and busy enough on nice days to allow for enough room to get around, but also to feel super safe. The lake is lovely with ducks and other fowl, and the trees along the water are beautiful year round. There are also ample water fountains for a strenuous run. The trail is most easily accessible either from downtown or the large parking lot under the bridge.