Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
Tours for Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
About Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail, Austin
Runners, walkers and cyclists: unite! The Lady Bird Lake Hike-and-Bike- Trail is 10 miles of green grass, lean trees and wide roads. The Trail is one of the most popular spots in the city, with visitors being drawn by excellent views of downtown Austin and the sparkling and pristine waters of Lady Bird Lake. The park is full of health enthusiasts and nature lovers working up a sweat and then cooling off with a swim afterwards. There are just enough people to keep you company but not too many, so don’t worry, you’ll have all the space you need.
The Trail is one of the oldest hike-and-bike paths in Austin, and is the city’s longest trail created for non-motorized traffic. It was built by the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department and its cleanliness and beauty is avidly maintained by a local non-profit organization called The Trail Foundation.
Its smooth surface is made of crushed granite and handy little bridge helps runners travel over the Lake. You can slip on your sneakers and start under the MoPac bridge on the southern side of the lake. The sight of vast soccer fields will greet you as you make your way to the heart of Zilker Park, so will the popular ‘Zilker Train’. Quench your thirst at the public water fountain and continue your journey and you’ll soon start to see lush, vibrant trees. The trail will start going southwards and you’ll be treated to the sight of happy ducks being fed and soon, you’ll approach Congress Avenue. The park area stretches along the shore and is titled ‘Auditorium Shores’.
This venue is special for music lovers as it’s home to a lifelike statue of the great Stevie Ray Vaughn and numerous concerts are held here throughout the year. From here, you’ll see a crossover point, from where you can head back or, if you’re feeling especially energetic, you can keep going from the other side of Congress. This track is perfect for all things athletic, as well as just a stroll on a cool evening day. Whether you want to reflect by the pond, take your bike out for a run or loosen up those muscles, you’ll be glad you visited the Hike and Bike trail.
Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail Information
- You can visit this place around 10:00 am.
- There are marathons and different runs that take place.
- You can rent a kayak or a paddle board, or take a boat tour, or just sit and enjoy watching the boats on the lake.
- You can rent electric bikes from Rocket Electrics and ride the bike trail.
- There are clean bathroom facilities and plenty of space where kids can burn off energy.
- Make sure you fill up on water before you get past Lamar heading on the southside toward the Longhorn Dam because there is no water and no bathroom until you get all the way past the boardwalk to S.Lakeshore.
How To Get To Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail by Public Transport
- By bike: Yellow Bike Project, Phone- 512-457-9880, Bicycle Sports Shop - Bike Rentals, Phone- 512-477-3472.
- By taxi: Yellow Cab, Phone: 512-452-9999. website includes fare estimator and online booking.
- You can travel Austin by car and taxi as well.
- Visit the Capital Metro website in order to view their trip planner, where you can search for public transport options between any two points in Austin.
Restaurants Near Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- CU29 Libations
- Driskill Hotel Restaurant
- The Deli Downstairs
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Austin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Austin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Lady Bird Lake, First Street Bridge at Lady Bird Lake, Austin, TX 78701 (South Austin)
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 17.5K times in trip plans
Trail, Park, View Point, Biking Trail, Bridge, Walking Area, Statue, Entertainment, Performance, Concert, Family And Kids, Lake, Fountain, Nature, Green House
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail Tickets And Tours
This informative and historic 2-hour tour starts at Lady Bird Lake and makes its way around on the Butler trail 10 mile loop, including the new boardwalk, Barton Springs/Zilker Park. This tour is a great tour for beginners and riders of all ages wishing to familiarize themselves with the best parks of the area.
Learn about the Bats in Austin on this 2.5 hour bat watching bike tour! It's the largest urban bat population in North America. This tour takes place during the evening for a ride around Lady Bird Lake and Barton Springs with a stop to view the bats in flight!
Turn Austin into a giant game board with this fun scavenger hunt adventure. This challenge combines the excitement of the Amazing Race with a 3-hour city walking tour. Guided from your smart phone, teams make their way among well known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. Note: Pricing is per individual, but teams must book together in order to be included in the same adventure.
Sit back and relax in an open air pedicab as you ride though east Austin stopping at 3 award winning micro-breweries. Learn how beer is made, tour the facilities or just drink delicious liquid gold. Our stops include Hops and Grain, Blue Owl and finishes at Zilker Brewing where you canÂ grab a bite to eat.Â
Share your experience - Rate Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail, Austin
Nice and quiet area. Lots of shady areas to have a picnic, listen to nature, and people watch.
This trail which runs around the lake from downtown is a perfect excursion on foot or bike. The scenery it beautiful and filled with vegetation, industrial bridges, and views of the skyline of the city. The path is well groomed and maintained and busy enough on nice days to allow for enough room to get around, but also to feel super safe. The lake is lovely with ducks and other fowl, and the trees along the water are beautiful year round. There are also ample water fountains for a strenuous run. The trail is most easily accessible either from downtown or the large parking lot under the bridge.
The "Austin" place to run. The place to go for a long mapped out trail with great views of Lady Bird Lake and downtown. You can rent bikes near by or go for a run. Very animal friendly so bring your dog on your run! Alot of great look out places and near alot of food as well.
Beautiful place near Lady bird Lake.
If your visiting Austin you have to take a walk around the trail choose from a 2 mile to 10 mile walk. Spectacular views around the lake. Stop and rent a kayak or SUP.
- Nearby Attractions
- McKinney Falls State Park
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden And Museum
- Cathedral Of Junk
- HOPE Outdoor Gallery
- Texas Military Forces Museum
- Westcave Preserve
- Summermoon Coffee Bar
- Salt Lick
- Lake Travis
- Hamilton Pool
- Hotels Near Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- Hotels Near Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- 5 Star Hotels Near Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- Budget Hotels Near Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- Cheap Hotels Near Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- Luxury Hotels Near Lady Bird Lake Hike And Bike Trail
- Austin Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Austin
- 2 Days in Austin
- 3 Days in Austin
- 4 Days in Austin
- 5 Days in Austin
- 6 Days in Austin
- 7 Days in Austin