Pope's PalaceCurrently Closed
- Address: Place du Palais des Papes, 84000, Avignon, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-0432743274
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Nature, Heritage Building
This historical palace at Avignon and is one of the biggest and vital medieval Gothic Buildings in Europe. A UNESCO world heritage site, it was the residence of Western Christianity during the 14th century. It was originally made up of two buildings, the Palais of Benedict XII and new Palais of Clement VI. It portrays one if the best Gothic architectural style in the world attracting thousands of tourists every year and is one of 10 most visited monuments in Paris.
- Last entry is one hour before closing time.
- Guided tours are available.
- On foot, rented car
- Restaurant de la Manutention
- Le Moutardier du Pape
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Avignon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Avignon and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Avignon include Pope's Palace in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
32.93% of people start their Pope's Palace visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Pope's Palace
50.61% of people prefer walking in order to reach Pope's Palace