Are you looking for what to do in Avignon?
PLACES TO SEE
- Palais Des Papes/Pope’s Palace: This historical palace at Avignon and is one of the biggest and vital medieval Gothic Buildings in Europe. A UNESCO world heritage site, it was the residence of Western Christianity during the 14th century. It was originally made up of two buildings, the Palais of Benedict XII and new Palais of Clement VI. It portrays one if the best Gothic architectural style in the world attracting thousands of tourists every year and is one of 10 most visited monuments in Paris.
- Pont Saint Benezet: Pont Saint Benezet is a popular medieval bridge which stretches between Villeneuve-Jes-Avignon and Avignon. It was built around 1177 to 1185. The original bridge had collapsed during the Albigensian Crusade and then rebuilt with 22 stone arches. The bridge was abandoned during mid-17th century. There were four arches built on the bridge around 1345 by Pope Clement VI. This made it stronger and a must visit attraction is Avignon and is a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Museums: Musee Louis Vouland, Fondation Angladon dubrujeaud, Musee Calvet, Musee Du Petit Palais.
- Hangouts: Place De L’horloge, Street of Dyers or Rue De Teinturiers, Place Du Palais.
- Religious places: Cathedral Notre Dame Des Doms/ Avignon Cathedral, Eglise Saint Pierre and Ille De La Barthelasse
THINGS TO DO
- Enjoy movies and drinks at Cinema Utopia.
- Go for a Picnic to Rocher Des Doms on a tourist train, adventure lovers can also bike up to the top.
- Attend a workshop at the Epicurium.
- Play a game of Golf at the Golf De Chateaublanc.
- Catch a performance in Opera Theatre D,Avignon.
- Go for shopping on the UNESCO world heritage street of Rue De LA Republique.
- For Kids, a ride on the Petit Train Avignon is a must-do activity.
- Make your day eventful by visiting the Ille De La Barthelasse.
Below we have a list of things to do in Avignon and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Avignon getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Avignon with confidence.