Cathedrale Saint Nazaire, Beziers
About Cathedrale Saint Nazaire, Beziers
Cathedrale Saint Nazaire, Beziers - Address, Phone Number
Address: 2 Impasse Baudin, 34500 Beziers, France
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 2.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, View Point, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Once a Romanesque cathedral stood here, that was destroyed in the Crusades. In its place was built this Gothic Roman Catholic cathedral. Large and imposing yet graceful, the Cathedral has a fantastic view of over three great bodies – Beziers, the Pyrenees Mountains, and the Mediterranean sea.
The highlights are:
- The 48 metres high bell tower that you can climb
- The many gargoyles
- The sacristy
- The huge 14th century façade rose window
- Remains of the earlier Romanesque cathedral
- Gallo-Roman friezes on the support columns
- Six large religious paintings
- 14th and 15th century frescoes
- The 14th century cloister
- The 17th century great organ.
Definitely go up to the top of the bell tower for some fantastic views of the land around.
Cathedrale Saint Nazaire Information
- The climb up the bell tower can be a bit of squeeze in 2 way traffic.
How To reach Cathedrale Saint Nazaire by Public Transport
- Walk, drive or take a taxi to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Beziers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beziers and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cathedrale Saint Nazaire, Beziers Reviews - Write a Review
A must see. Climb the tower for amazing views.
Love to sit out in the rear gardens here
Cool cathedral as cathedrals go
Most beautiful at night.
Catedral linda, St Nazaire .