Cathedrale Saint Nazaire344 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2 Impasse Baudin, 34500 Beziers, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-467282289
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Once a Romanesque cathedral stood here, that was destroyed in the Crusades. In its place was built this Gothic Roman Catholic cathedral. Large and imposing yet graceful, the Cathedral has a fantastic view of over three great bodies – Beziers, the Pyrenees Mountains, and the Mediterranean sea.
The highlights are:
- The 48 metres high bell tower that you can climb
- The many gargoyles
- The sacristy
- The huge 14th century façade rose window
- Remains of the earlier Romanesque cathedral
- Gallo-Roman friezes on the support columns
- Six large religious paintings
- 14th and 15th century frescoes
- The 14th century cloister
- The 17th century great organ.
Definitely go up to the top of the bell tower for some fantastic views of the land around.
Cathedrale Saint Nazaire Travel Tips
- The climb up the bell tower can be a bit of squeeze in 2 way traffic.
How to Reach Cathedrale Saint Nazaire
- Walk, drive or take a taxi to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Beziers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beziers and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Beziers include Cathedrale Saint Nazaire in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
90.42% of people start their Cathedrale Saint Nazaire visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cathedrale Saint Nazaire
83.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedrale Saint Nazaire