Plateau Des Poetes, Beziers
Plateau Des Poetes, Beziers - Address
Address: Allees Paul Riquet, 34500 Beziers, France
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 4.2K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Plateau Des Poetes, Beziers
In the 19th century, to prettify and extend the street that ran through the centre of the city (Allées Paul Riquet), this 5 hectare English style garden was built. You’ll see busts and sculptures scattered around the pretty pathways – these are the indigenous poets who gave the park its fancy name. Most of them are the works of the sculptor Injalbert.
The highlights of the park are:
- A series of exquisite paths that wind in and out of shade.
- A hillock in the centre that they say is perfect for poetic meditation.
- The statues and busts of poets
- The cute artificial lakes
- the monumental "Fountain of Titan"
- A statue of Pan spewing water
- A war memorial
- A children’s playground
- The bird-watching blue tit , the warbler, wrens, owls, parakeets and bats.
How To reach Plateau Des Poetes by Public Transport
- You can drive to here, or walk.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Beziers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beziers and book an accommodation of your choice.
Plateau Des Poetes, Beziers Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Moncine Polygone Beziers