Plateau Des PoetesCurrently Open
- Address: 21 Rue de la Rotonde, 34500 Béziers, France, Beziers
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-499413636
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
In the 19th century, to prettify and extend the street that ran through the centre of the city (Allées Paul Riquet), this 5 hectare English style garden was built. You’ll see busts and sculptures scattered around the pretty pathways – these are the indigenous poets who gave the park its fancy name. Most of them are the works of the sculptor Injalbert.
The highlights of the park are:
- A series of exquisite paths that wind in and out of shade.
- A hillock in the centre that they say is perfect for poetic meditation.
- The statues and busts of poets
- The cute artificial lakes
- the monumental "Fountain of Titan"
- A statue of Pan spewing water
- A war memorial
- A children’s playground
- The bird-watching blue tit , the warbler, wrens, owls, parakeets and bats.
How to Reach Plateau Des Poetes
- You can drive to here, or walk.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Beziers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beziers and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Beziers include Plateau Des Poetes in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
33.89% of people start their Plateau Des Poetes visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Plateau Des Poetes
91.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Plateau Des Poetes