Visit Bagan - Best of Bagan
Bagan is an ancient city in Myanmar that is famous for its archaeological sites. With over 2,000 temples and pagodas that adorn the place from over 10,000 of them built during the 11th and 13th century, the city is recognized as Bagan Archaeological Zone and draws plenty of tourists every year. You can catch sight of pagodas as far as your eyes can see. If you are a lover of architecture and history, then Bagan would come in as a paradise to you. Considering the beauty of the place, Bagan also got featured in the world famous documentary of Baraka.
The artistry of the Myanmar craftsmen is evident by the intricate and the minute details of their work. With the holiest of temples at your reach, Bagan is a living legacy in itself. Carpeted in a green cover all over, Bagan is incredibly magical and leaves its visitors spellbound.
Some of the ancient temples that decorate the city include Ananda Temple, Shwezigon Pagoda, Thatbyinnyu Temple, Dhammayangyi Temple, Sulamani, Htilominlo Temple, and Nthalaung Kyaung Temple. Well-preserved and restored by the UNESCO, the temples carry a certain kind of vibe and the experience is totally one of a kind.
While visiting the place do bring your cameras with you.
Bagan Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Bagan tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Myanmar Time (MMT). UTC +6:30.
- Currency: Currency used in Bagan is Burmese Kyat (MMK).
- Electricity: The standard electrical voltage in Bagan is 230 Volts and 50 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type C, D, F and G. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet: Internet connectivity is low inside the city of Bagan. But the major hotels do provide free Wi-Fi.
- Languages: Burmese is the native and most widely spoken language in Bagan. Some of the other widely spoken languages include Karen and Shan.
- Security: Hospital: 67219, Police Department: 67243, Fire: 60191. Area code: 02.
- Tipping: Tipping is not expected in Bagan. But if you are interested in the service, you can tip around 5-10% of the bill.
- Customs: If you happen to come across a monk or a nun, do not shake hands or touch them. A bow would be most appropriate.
- Dress modestly. Do not expose your body.
- Avoid drinking tap water.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Bagan and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Bagan- Know before you go to Bagan
Bagan Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bagan
Bagan Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bagan
Duration: 9 Days
Yangon • Bagan • Mt. Popa • Mandaly • Mingun • Inle • Indein • YangonThis is a very p...
USD 1780Book Now
With this program, you will visit Yangon, Mandalay and Mingun, MyinMu,Monywa, Pakkou, Bagan, Popa and Nyaung U. Whe...
USD 1106.25Book Now
Duration: 4 Hrs
Bagan has a lot to offer to anybody who takes the chance to explore it. On this tour, you will see the ancient royal capital ...
USD 95Book Now
Duration: 8 Hrs
Bagan is famous for the royal vibe that the air of this town possesses. The best way to witness the beauty of Bagan is to see...
USD 537.5Book Now
- Cities Near Bagan
- Falam Tourism
- Lewe Tourism
- Sa Lay Tourism
- Minbu Tourism
- Taungoo Tourism
- (ainggye) Tourism
- Popaywa Tourism
- Tilin Tourism
- Mogok Tourism
- Kyaukhtu Tourism
- Yezin Tourism
- Pauk Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Georgetown Tourism
- Cabrières-d'avignon Tourism
- Maryhill Tourism
- Heiwajima Station Tourism
- Villa Luzuriaga Tourism
- Prospect Tourism
- White Sands Tourism
- Patch Grove Tourism
- Wellston Tourism
- Jämsä Tourism