Lawkananda Pagoda10 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma) Map
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Nature
Located on the scenic banks of the Ayeyarwaddy river, Lawkananda Pagoda is another addition to the already huge list of temples in Bagan, Myanmar. The name literally means the joy of the world and that’s what you’ll expect once you visit this incredible attraction. Built by King Anawrahta, this one also has a replica of Buddha tooth relic. Overall, a great place to enjoy the unexplored or little explored places in Bagan. Some ten years ago, a giant umbrella was hoisted on the top of this one, hence adding to the overall experience.
Lawkananda Pagoda Travel Tips
- Remove your footwear before visiting the temple.
- Respect the local culture and customs.
How to Reach Lawkananda Pagoda
- Hired taxis or cars.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bagan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bagan and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lawkananda Pagoda Address: Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
- Time required to visit Lawkananda Pagoda: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.86% of people who visit Bagan include Lawkananda Pagoda in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
80% of people start their Lawkananda Pagoda visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lawkananda Pagoda
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lawkananda Pagoda
People normally club together Nanpaya and Minnanthu Village while planning their visit to Lawkananda Pagoda.