Shwezigon Paya, Bagan
About Shwezigon Paya, Bagan
Shwezigon Paya, Bagan - Address
Address: Shwesandaw Pagoda, Bagan, Myanmar
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 3.4K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Shwesandaw Pagoda was built by King Anawrahta in 1057 and it happens to be the highly visited temple in Bagan. The Buddhist temple which once had terra cotta tiles displaying the scenes from Jataka, today is a marvel with five terraces, a cylindrical stupa, a bejewelled umbrella. This is one of those few places which have hairs of Gautama Buddha treasured within the Pagoda. The view of sunrise from here is as mesmerising as the sunset. Also, this is one of the few temples in Bagan which one can climb, unlike others, which can be visited at ground level only.
Shwezigon Paya Information
- Remove your footwear before visiting the temple.
- Respect the local culture and customs.
How To reach Shwezigon Paya by Public Transport
- Hired taxis or cars.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bagan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bagan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shwezigon Paya, Bagan Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Bagan Thande Hotel
- Yar Pyi Vegetarian Restaurant
- Bagan Hotel River View
- Ananda Ok Kyaung
- Mother Spirit Of Popa Nat Shrine
- Bagan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bagan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bagan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bagan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bagan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bagan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bagan